Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot add payee IBAN not accepted. Is real IBAN

Options
  • 30-01-2021 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Can you please help, I know this is the real IBAN because I've checked it out. Need to send money soon. Please assist. Trying to send money to Greece.

ewm9WcV.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Make sure there are no spaces in between and at the end. Also you can double check the IBAN here IBAN Calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭irelandjnr

Poncke wrote: »
    Make sure there are no spaces in between and at the end. Also you can double check the IBAN here IBAN Calculator
    This just it, it passed as a valid IBAN. Bank of Ireland's website always causes issues for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

irelandjnr wrote: »
    This just it, it passed as a valid IBAN. Bank of Ireland's website always causes issues for me.
    Hi Irelandjnr,

Thanks for getting in touch today.

We're glad to hear that you got sorted. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭irelandjnr

irelandjnr wrote: »
    Hi Irelandjnr,

Thanks for getting in touch today.

We're glad to hear that you got sorted. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard
    We didn't get it sorted. It's not working. I meant when I test the IBAN on one of those IBAN testing sites it shows the IBAN is indeed legit and it knows even the street address and location of the bank in question. However, when trying to add this as a payee on the BOI website it tells me "the details you have entered in the IBAN field are invalid. But the IBAN is not invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Apologies Irelandjnr,

Can we ask you if you are copying & pasting this into the field? If you type this in manually hopefully this should work. 

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Apologies Irelandjnr,

Can we ask you if you are copying & pasting this into the field? If you type this in manually hopefully this should work. 

Thanks,
    Richard
    It should not be like that, it shouldn't be an issue to copy in an IBAN. Asking people to type it manually because your system cannot handle a copy/paste is not customer friendly. Fix the root cause rather than asking your customers to apply band aids. 

Advertisement