Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dogs?

• 30-01-2021 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

was looking on done deal for a dog,and noticed they dont put ads up anymore,is there any other site i could look on,looking for a small lamping dog,about 6 mts old,thanks,whippet cross etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Richard308

Think people have gone to gumtree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Some hunting dogs on Dogs.ie, but prices are crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

sniperman wrote: »
    was looking on done deal for a dog,and noticed they dont put ads up anymore,is there any other site i could look on,looking for a small lamping dog,about 6 mts old,thanks,whippet cross etc

Its because of the rise in dig theft and people selling dogs immediately after stealing them.
    Gumtree is still up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

this time of year the problem is ,lots of undesireables will be getting rid of their short held dogs as summer is coming in ,and new adventures are close on the horizon, and their loyal and not so talented (at times) are discarded, also many breed off the likes of these unfortunate animals just for a cash injection, trying to trawl through the myriad of dishonest and honest owners is the dilema, if you can wait AND if it suits, there is supposed to be a mating taking place of a greyhound bitch to a collie dog in the near future bred by a friend of mine ,for all the right reasons .....but it wouldnt be ready for next season...theres another litter similar not born yet in donegal, from good lads ,the prices are inflated to the extreme now ,unless you meet a good lad ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭sniperman

transit260 wrote: »
    this time of year the problem is ,lots of undesireables will be getting rid of their short held dogs as summer is coming in ,and new adventures are close on the horizon, and their loyal and not so talented (at times) are discarded, also many breed off the likes of these unfortunate animals just for a cash injection, trying to trawl through the myriad of dishonest and honest owners is the dilema, if you can wait AND if it suits, there is supposed to be a mating taking place of a greyhound bitch to a collie dog in the near future bred by a friend of mine ,for all the right reasons .....but it wouldnt be ready for next season...theres another litter similar not born yet in donegal, from good lads ,the prices are inflated to the extreme now ,unless you meet a good lad ,

thanks,but im looking for something small to run a rabbit,and not get chocked on electric fences,a problem i had with big dogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭garyc007

Did you try any of the facebook pages. Granted you will have to wade through the messers on it. But at least theres bound be some genuine and not following the crazy prices for god knows what quoted on the likes of done deal and gumtree. Any particular breed or cross?

garyc007 wrote: »
    Did you try any of the facebook pages. Granted you will have to wade through the messers on it. But at least theres bound be some genuine and not following the crazy prices for god knows what quoted on the likes of done deal and gumtree. Any particular breed or cross?

hi im not on facebook,and would not know where to start,ya seen some mad prices on gumtree,just looking for a maybe whippet cross type,small,something for the lamp,rabbits,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

have you checked out the dog shelters? - they often have small whippets

J.R. wrote: »
    have you checked out the dog shelters? - they often have small whippets

hi,no,but ill have a look,thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Few lads on Irish Fowl into lurchers, rabbiting etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Plenty of lurchers in the rescue centres. Best not to buy online. Too many criminals
    selling dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

sniperman wrote: »

There are 4 beautiful whippets available from Dog Angels.
    5 months old.

https://www.facebook.com/dogsangelsireland/

Let us know if you end up getting one.

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    There are 4 beautiful whippets available from Dog Angels.
    5 months old.

https://www.facebook.com/dogsangelsireland/

Let us know if you end up getting one.

thanks very much for this info,ill certainty look into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭garyc007

I sent you a PM Paul. I might be a bit far so you are probably as well post it in a separate thread of your own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

A friend of mine from abroad is looking for an Irish Wheaten Terrier, can anyone recommend a good source to buy from? Will have to be a pup. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement