Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy to Let

• 30-01-2021 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a house rented out. I pay all the necessary taxes and am registered with prtb etc but I never told my bank. Do they change the interest rate if a property that was once residential is now let out? It never dawned on me until now.I am with AIB and it has been let out for 3 years. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

amf7 wrote: »
    I have a house rented out. I pay all the necessary taxes and am registered with prtb etc but I never told my bank. Do they change the interest rate if a property that was once residential is now let out? It never dawned on me until now.I am with AIB and it has been let out for 3 years. Thank you in advance.

I have never heard of anybody telling them in respect of a house that started out as a PDH and then became a BTL.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

amf7 wrote: »

You need to read the terms and conditions of your mortgage and related insurance cover to know for certain.

Some institutions take the view that as it is now being used for commercial purposes rather than your private residence that a different rate applies....

Advertisement