Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Supercharger network in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Does the 50 include the 4 not turned on at Athenry yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

46 "high power", sure that must be more than eCars and Ionity together albeit in less locations

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I doubt it as they could also then technically count the 2 in Birdhill that are not in use....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

I drove by yesterday. They laid the grass back, tidied the place. It looks good to go. It is set to be the first proper HPC hub in Dublin. Poor for amenities though, so not a great stop if you are on a Belfast to Wexford journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I checked the map in car this morning and it's not showing. I agree re amenities, it;s not really an en route stop but very good if you're doing wexford to dublin to wexford in a short range model X on 22' wheels !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yeah, there's a Dunnes Stores, a Centra and maybe a couple of restaurants within walking distance in the area, but no guarantee they'll be open late hours, etc.

It's also a bit of a detour from the M50 to get to the industrial estate (sorry, "business park") to get to the chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭daddy_boy

Its will make a lot of journeys easier especially if arriving via dublin port as well as driving from the south east and north west knowing that there is a reliable charging point where you can top up with minium fuss/issues. Just need to sort out a new SuC in the south east , north west and Belfast/NI.

it is a complete disgrace the state of the network in the north.

I do a regular trip to Edinburgh from the south-east and the trip from Edinburgh to Castlebellingham to wexford is dire and not enjoyable so much so i now go via Rossalre .

Sandyford will be the type of SuC that if you had to use it daily or weekly, it'd be a bit of a ball ache alright where it's located.. but beyond that, if you only needed it the odd time I'd say it would be a godsend.

You can clearly see though that it's only really going to be aimed at SC use (but of course still open to all (Tesla)), but fair play to them for announcing North County Dublin when they did as that'll be the key site as it covers the port & airport, as well as the start of the M1, M2, M3, so should do a lot of the heavy lifting for Dublin based charging. If it does go into Gullivers Retail Park, it's a much much handier spot to get to/from from the M50 than Sandyford is..

South East M9 & M11, as well as Derry, Belfast, Sligo and Longford now would be fantastic. and while we're here lets throw some in in Castlebar, Cavan, Enniskillen & West Cork.... they'd only need to be those little Tralee style 2 unit sites in a hotel, or in a retail park like Mahon Point... and we'd be sorted....

No more V2 locations, 6xV3 minimum FTW!!!

Regarding dull location for Sandyford, they are only there because its a service centre, with our charging speeds we really won't be there long in any case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

To be fair most SUC stops are a "splash and dash". You're not really going to be much longer than 20 to 30 minutes on average. A clean functional toilet nearby would be nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭markpb

I did south Dublin to Gorey this afternoon in heavy rain with six people, suitcases, prams, etc in a 75D MX with 20” wheels and still have 69% left. Unless you’re absolutely flying along, your 22” wheels shouldn’t make you need a charge on a return trip.

Post edited by markpb on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

“but you have to be based in one of teh countries to use the opened SuC's in that country... i.e. you can't sign up from Ireland and then use U.K. SuC's”

I don’t have a Tesla, downloaded the Tesla app and changed my account to be UK based and set Revolut as payment method. I can see all the pilot sites in the app and thought I can now use the pilot/UK sites that are open to all now, no?

Has anyone here (non Tesla) tried this yet?

There must be ways around it if using payments methods like Revolute.... be interesting to see if it works as could benefit a lot of folk heading to Europe over the summer...

Ah, south dublin to gorey sure that's just a warmup trip. I have a new regular trip from enniscorthy to rathfarnham and back, perhaps once or twice a week. I did the maths and predicted the X75D would make it fine but its taking ~90% of the battery even now. The 22's are really impacting efficiency. We're talking leaving home with 95% and returning 220km later with 2%. The kWh makes sense, I have scanmytesla so I'm going to check for degradation but its not that going by the wh/km.

This supercharger site would really help.

You can set your address to a hotel and it lets you use it. Some folks on the UK Tesla owners group already did this.

More super chargers opened up to all.

Thirteen locations. 252 new plugs capable of 250kW.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

Heading to France next week in a Enyaq 60iv and signed up to use the Tesla charge network by using an English address which worked perfectly. Tesla charges €10.99 per month for Membership which then charges you €0.50 per kilowatt instead of €0.68 for pay as you go. If you sign up can you cancel after a month or do they charge you for 12 months up front. Thanks

Are you sure you can use the French Superchargers with an ‘English’ account?

I thought it was set up so only a U.K. account can use the U.K. SuC’s, and likewise French account would be needed to use the French SuC’s…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭kevin101

When I originally set up my address as Irish the app gave me no option to charge a non-Tesla - once I put in a Uk address then the option to charge a non-Tesla appeared. I’ll probably try one in France when I have enough charge to get to another charge point just in case. Between Tesla and Ionity it appears my driving on holidays is well covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭crisco10

Please report back how you get on, ssbe very interested! Although I already know my Ioniq 5 won't work on V3 SuC.

my read on this is that if you live in any of these countries you can charge at any of the opened SuCs irrespective of the country. But I agree it is an ambiguous answer.

Looking at supercharge.info, in June, they've opened in Europe 33 new locations. Some with 20+ stalls. Impressive. In the same period Ionity opened 7 locations, with max 6 stalls at one location

Live in Finland, you can charge in Finland only etc, only Tesla owners can charge in any country

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I think I'm right in saying that not all charging sites are open to non Tesla's. Only selected sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭zg3409

Yes. The question is if you have a "UK" address can you charge your non Tesla in France. Initially most of these sites were limited to citizens of their home country when at home. I think it was done to reduce the demand for first few months, particularly as many Europeans drive country to country regularly and would need a relatively large fill. With a non Tesla at a tesla charger the charge speed (decided by the car) may be relatively slow meaning non Tesla's from other countries might be stopped for 1+ hour, and with the opening excitement sites may have become overloaded. This way they can reduce demand and assess the demand and grow as necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭markpb

I drove past it just not, the tombstones are still covered in bin bags and the site is fenced off. Still waiting for ESBN maybe?

Also for people not familiar with the area, there are toilets and two cafes in Beacon Court / Beacon Hospital directly across the road.

If charging during business hours don't forget you can use Service Centre toilets and free tea/coffee and WiFi

“the V4 superchargers are noticeably taller, much thinner from side to side, and have about the same size thickness.”

will V4 have longer cables?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

You'd hope the V4's were being designed in a more agnostic fashion. The current unit isn't a great design for a multi vendor charger, the engineers will have been aware of this requirement during the design phase.

Advertisement