Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Supercharger network in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

8*2 tesla at CB this avo and all free

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I’ve often pulled into CB when it was empty, and within 10 minutes there have been 4-5 Tesla’s there…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I was out and about yesterday and at 3 p.m I thought I'd tip over to sandyford to try the new chargers. They were all in use!!

It's going to be a busy spot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Any 2016 or earlier S or X you see there will likely be availing of free SuC, in S85 models they will be there longer due to Tesla forced throttled rate. At least they are V3 chargers so the more modern cars can splash and dash uneffected…

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Yeah. Sunday afternoon. First time I see this icon. It is great as with this company more usage means more chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I've charged there a few times now, 5 min topup makes my Enniscorthy to Dublin return trip more comfortable. Always another car there but I havent had to queue yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

This info is now also shown in the Tesla App too 😁

Did I hear that the castlebellingham chargers are being removed or upgraded? Or something to that effect

Also beware if travelling north on the m1. The nav will direct u to the chargers southbound and ignore the ones you pass on the northbound side! A bit of a mad one.

• Advertisement

Yes, there's a new castlebellingham site "coming soon" on the map, and the rumor is that they are losing the lease at the two existing sites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

I presume due to the big wave of deliveries is not the normal usage pattern to form an opinion. I keep an eye onto the ESB unit at Stillorgan to see if there is a substantial impact in usage. Nothing so far but being offline for the last 48h does not help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It surely wouldn't be worth their while to have the north and southbound chargers as well as the new site

Agreed.

I think of two areas where those 16 V2 stalls could be relocated:

Find Us | Tesla

Find Us | Tesla

I reckon he'll not put 8 stalls in this time. Probably 4 V3 on each side.

There's only one site.

I reckon it will be a simple relocation of the 16 v2 stalls to one location. (wishful)

Or 8 V3 and distribute the V2 to less busy Irish sites (or new Irish sites)....again wishful

Yes that would be better again. Dublin North is going to be very busy too, I reckon they will just put v3 in the new CB site and maybe add the v2 somewhere else.

Double Tralee if it can take it and keep them for Cashel

Ah ok. Wouldn't make much sense to keep them at one of the applegreens. You'd have to drive past the other one and go to the next junction and double back on yourself. Then drive the opposite direction to get to the next junction to come back again!!

• Advertisement

It won't be at either of the two existing sites. Likely a hotel.

there is no hotel or anything anywhere close to CB site, unless you go into Dundalk Crowne plaza or something - but there is no amenities near that place really.

it would make more sense to have 4 V3 on either side in the current sites - they are the absolute perfect location.

And get the Dublin North ones up and runnning and you are laughing.

As for the North they badly need ones at both applegreen locations at lisburn

Yes but they can't put them in the current sites, the leases are not being renewed by the landowner. So they have to look at other options. The same thing happened at the Enfield services (they couldnt get a lease at all from the landowners of the services on the M4) so they had to go to Johnstown hotel. A lovely place but not exactly my idea of a 20 minute pitstop. They didnt even have takeaway coffee. Now if I wanted to stop for an hour it would be great, lovely bar and restaurant serving afternoon tea (a particular fav of mine).

it would make more sense to have 4 V3 on either side in the current sites - they are the absolute perfect location.

Honestly, I will not miss visiting these Castlebellingham sites as they are absolute sh1tholes.....

I used to think I always wanted SuC sites on motorway services, but they are so much better in hotels that are still fairly close to the motorway...

• Castlebellingham (North & South) Both sh1tholes (though Southbound is slightly better)
    • Ballacolla - Not terrible, but services is far too small
    • Birdhill - Usually dirty, spots always ICE'd

Smell of pi$$ in the bathrooms of all of them would make you wrench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

It's slim pickings in Louth for hotels alright. The marker is actually in the Castlebellingham town which would be a lengthy detour from the M1. I agree that the current locations are ideal but it's the Applegreen that is saying no for renewing the lease as they are planning to launch their own charging network sometime in the future.

Add to that list most of the Ionity chargers too. Cashel and Gorey and Athlone (the three Ionity sites I use with some regularity) are awful sh1tholes too. Ironically my favorite stop I dont actually get to stop there any more, coynes cross, because they only have 1 50kW which isnt really fast enough these days anyway.

I used Enfield services too outbound a few weeks ago (Another Applegreen sh1thole, smelling of pi$$)....

One of the nicest I've seen is Mayfield, but I never need to stop there... only stopped in before to see the hypér húb when it was still free!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

The nicest SuC location in Ireland in my opinion is the Athenry (haven't been in Tralee or Enfield yet) but the route there from M6 is a bit annoying. As a novelty and a great place for coffee/lunch it's really nice but once you do the detour a few times it get a bit old. Great thing about the the likes of CB NB/SB or Birdhill is that there is no detour.

None of this matters when you compare to other networks though. My last "quality" experience trying to use (and failed to) a 3rd party network was in Cornwall and just arriving to SuC without any faffing and tags/apps is just so nice. This never gets old I think.

So are we saying that applegreen are kicking tesla out so they can install their own chargers?

Bloody scumbags if that's the case.

I couldn't give a toss if the place is a "sh8hole" to be honest once I don't have to do a big detour to get to a charger. Defeats the purpose.

And yeah CB might not be the most luxury place but come on I've seen an awful lot worse when it comes to service stations.

Bloody hell this is disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭markpb

Agreed. I’d prefer a charge stop to be as close to the main road/motorway as possible. Driving ten minutes to and ten minutes for a ten minute charge is annoying. I’d put up with poorer facilities to achieve that.

Advertisement