Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insulation Question

• 30-01-2021 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22

Hi All, looking for advice on insulation. I have a converted attic space with insulation backed plaster board. I want to put additional insulation behind it but I keep hearing about breathability, vapour barriers and condensation. Would there be any issue putting a board type insulation up against the existing Insulation? Is breathability an issue. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

what the rest of it like by reference to the attachment

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 gneeves

what the rest of it like by reference to the attachment

Hi Calahonda52,
    The area I'd be looking to insulate is behind the knee wall facing into the crawl space, section 3 in your diagram.

Advertisement