Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical professional please

Options
  • 30-01-2021 7:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hello Folks,

I have a demolition hammer which I used a few years ago. It has been unused this last 2 years in the shed. Was fine when I left it in. I suppose there is dampness and humidity in the shed. Anyway took it out yesterday and it worked for about 3 seconds then started to smoke and smell. There were Sparks inside initially.Left it a while, tried again, nothing only burning. Anyway took out brushes, almost new but with a few scratches. Opened side and hovered, cleaned and sprayed with wd40. Tried to clean the round shaft between brushes too. Blow dried. Switched on and ran for 6 seconds, before the same thing happened again. The Sparks are between motor shaft which spins between brushes, and the brushes. What might be the issue? Thanks a lot

Advertisement