Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stanley Cara Glass NO HEAT

• 30-01-2021 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello to everyone, I have seen concerns raised regarding insert stoves multiple times. Unfortunately I am going to re-open, in search for advice. In my parents home, I recently removed an open fire and placed an insert stove. Placed a 5 inch flex there is a good draw up the chimley. I am very disappointed with the heat output, convinced I made a mistake hoping it is an easy fix. I wrapped the insert with high quality heat insulation the room itself is only 10 X 12.

When lighting I leave primary and secondary air vents open, no problem with lighting and blazing after 30 minutes. Then I close secondary air vent and reduce primary to 50% or less. My parents always burn turf. I have checked to ensure the deflector is in the correct position. There neighbours have a insert also and it is extremely warm! I throw my hands up in dispair, who really appreciate support. I am trying to get a Stanley engineer but very difficult during these times.

Thank you if there is an obvious fix that I have missed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Your lighting it right.... obviously. However I would close the main vent and reduce secondary by a third to clear the glass. We burn coal and sticks in ours and it has serious heat. It's in for the lat 7 years with no issues apart from one moron in Carnaross, co.meath whom made a balls of the flu liner. You'll need a shovel of coal in the stove when you light it other wise you'll not get the same heat all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mayomadness

Thank you very much for your comments. Final question the two air vents above the glass. I was unsure if warm air circulates, if it's part of secondary air intake or purely visual appearance can you clarify? Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Thank you very much for your comments. Final question the two air vents above the glass. I was unsure if warm air circulates, if it's part of secondary air intake or purely visual appearance can you clarify? Thank you

No idea, at a guess is to circulate air behind the stove casing at the back. Nothing to do with the secondary intake that I am aware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭kil

I have the same stove and it works very well once it gets up and going. I have never burned turf so can't advise but I would try some dry logs to see if you get the same result.

When I light it I have both vents fully open. Once the fire is up and running I close the primary either fully or partially to control the size of the fire while leaving the secondary open.

Advertisement