Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threadmills

Options
  • 30-01-2021 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Given currently lockdown rules and for other reasons, I'm looking at getting a threadmill for a home gym space. Prices online vary considerable so trying to understand how much one would have to pay for a decent model and where is the best place to buy one?

Also given current restrictions I assume it will have to be self built - are they usually straight forward to put together?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Did you come across any? Everywhere seems to be sold out no surprise i know.

Was looking a a NordicTrack but Elverys and mc sport sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

Honestly Not affiliated to them in any way shape or form but I purchased one from gymgear.ie at the start of the first lockdown and was very happy with service and price.
    Have no side entrance where I live and the delivery guy helped me push and shove it through the house up the garden and into my shed.
    Not sure he was obliged to but it was a great help as the thing weighed a ton. I put it together myself as I wasn’t ready for it to be assembled there and then but I think they do offer assembly.

No prob thanks for that. Which one did you go for out of curiosity?

zweton wrote: »
    No prob thanks for that. Which one did you go for out of curiosity?

Hi. It was a Nordictrack 1750

Liking it? I just missed out on the Elverys ones, NordicTracks 45i treadmill. They got 50 of them in apparently and they went like hot cakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I bought a proform t10i from fitnessplus.ie last week... Delivered within 5 days. Very happy with it so far.

Edit: pretty straightforward to put together, took me 2hrs in total on my own.

good to hear, they only have this one left now

https://gymgear.ie/product/bh-fitness-f2w-dual-treadmill/

mloc123 wrote: »
    I bought a proform t10i from fitnessplus.ie last week... Delivered within 5 days. Very happy with it so far.

Edit: pretty straightforward to put together, took me 2hrs in total on my own.

what did you pay for it? looks like only t7i left now. Might try read some reviews but really wanted something with ifit.

what did you pay for it? looks like only t7i left now. Might try read some reviews but really wanted something with ifit.

T10 was 1499, they were a bit cheaper than another Irish place in kilkenny (can't recall the name) which was 1699.

The ifit software is quite good, I thought it would be a gimmick bit enjoying the virtual courses and videos etc.. so far.

Liking it? I just missed out on the Elverys ones, NordicTracks 45i treadmill. They got 50 of them in apparently and they went like hot cakes.

Yeah love it. Has ifit but rarely use it tbh. Use Zwift most of the time.

• Advertisement

T7i has ifit also, just a small screen and less incline than the t10i iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

If you are not in a panic to buy then fitness digital have the t10 in stock.

I got a reebok jet 200 off them last year and have no complaints. It did come from spain however and the delivery was 2 and a bit weeks.

https://www.fitnessdigital.ie/nordictrack-t10.0-treadmill-1-year-ifit-individual-membership-/p/10009946/

Kander wrote: »

I got a reebok jet 200 off them last year and have no complaints. It did come from spain however and the delivery was 2 and a bit weeks.

https://www.fitnessdigital.ie/nordictrack-t10.0-treadmill-1-year-ifit-individual-membership-/p/10009946/

Thanks for that didnt know about them will take a look. Happy enough with their customer service?

I didn't talk directly to customer support at any time it was all automated. Once I had placed my order I received the confirmation via email followed by full invoice.

I was updated on when it was dispatched and the tracking number. It was delivered via Dasher.

Just checked my order:
    Purchased 23rd Oct
    Picked up 28th Oct
    Reached Ireland 9th Nov
    Delivered to me on the 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I didn't talk directly to customer support at any time it was all automated. Once I had placed my order I received the confirmation via email followed by full invoice.

I was updated on when it was dispatched and the tracking number. It was delivered via Dasher.

Just checked my order:
    Purchased 23rd Oct
    Picked up 28th Oct
    Reached Ireland 9th Nov

Did it take long to put this together?

Just checked my order:
    Purchased 23rd Oct
    Picked up 28th Oct
    Reached Ireland 9th Nov

Thanks for that, i think i will order.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Did it take long to put this together?

I did it on my own in probably close to 3 hours but I was faffing around at times and in no rush. No part of the process was difficult other than trying to move it as it is heavy.

All the tools needed came with it just like with Ikea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Has anyone lubed their treadmill? Any alternatives to silicone oil that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭jfh

JMSE wrote: »
    Has anyone lubed their treadmill? Any alternatives to silicone oil that work?

I use a silicone spray that you can buy at most shops that sell car stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

jfh wrote: »
    I use a silicone spray that you can buy at most shops that sell car stuff.

I've been told that that stuff is worst possible stuff to put on. Decathlon have treadmill lubricant which is very handy and very cheap too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Some brands have pre-coated belts and advise against (Nordictrac).
    I do take the belt off once a year and hoover any visible dust and add some bike grease to areas I can get at easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭jfh

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Some brands have pre-coated belts and advise against (Nordictrac).
    I do take the belt off once a year and hoover any visible dust and add some bike grease to areas I can get at easily.

Is there much into changing a belt? Mine is curling at the sides

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Seems like fitnessdigital are the only site with any threadmills left, I'm seeing mixed reviews, are they worth the risk for a fairly high end one. I see they take PayPal, would this be safer if anything went wrong.

In the end i rented a commercial treadmill - couldn't decide what I wanted etc, so renting for a couple of months.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    In the end i rented a commercial treadmill - couldn't decide what I wanted etc, so renting for a couple of months.

Where did you rent from if you mind me asking.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Where did you rent from if you mind me asking.

Meath Home Fitness Hire/BT Fitness - you'll find them on FB, they service the surrounding counties as well as Meath - and have other things other than treadmills

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

jfh wrote: »
    Is there much into changing a belt? Mine is curling at the sides

It depends on the brand I expect, most are generous with youtube videos.
    I had a Horizon that I changed several times and figured out how to slip out by only loosening 1 side.

I have a Nordictrack now and then sent me a new belt under warranty, however, I was able to trim the belt (making it a bit narrower) and it's running fine, is this an option?

What you make of the site, mixed reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Customer service is shocking from them mind. Had issues with my nordictrack T1750 and disastrous.

Advertisement