Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

OOnegative wrote: »
    Any truth in the rumour you’re the sexy presenter........

I don't think TG4 are quite ready for the Connemara Cardasian just yet:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

I don't think TG4 are quite ready for the Connemara Cardasian just yet:p

You’ve seen the ass, TG4 are crying out for him!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

You’ve seen the ass, TG4 are crying out for him!!!!

They weren’t the only ones...;) :):)

TbL

I’ll start practicing for my commentary

What’s the Irish for Sandbagging B?

Mala gaineamh a beadh? :)

An tusal TbL

I’ll start practicing for my commentary

What’s the Irish for Sandbagging B?

Mala gaineamh a beadh? :)

An tusal TbL

Fear maith tú féin ach níl aon mhála gainimh bainteach liom!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Hamachi

jamule wrote: »

Bit surprised at this announcement.

I think it’s a great opportunity for Sonia and will definitely stretch her. Would she have the coaching background and expertise to guide athletes of the caliber of Donovan Brazier and Konstanze Klosterhalfen?

From a personal life perspective, it also seems like a slightly odd move to put an ocean between herself and her husband. I guess Nic Bideau will remain in Australia to continue steering the Melbourne track club. Having said that, I get that it will bring her a lot closer geographically to her daughter. Just doesn’t seem like a great setup for family life...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Hamachi wrote: »
    Bit surprised at this announcement.

I think it’s a great opportunity for Sonia and will definitely stretch her. Would she have the coaching background and expertise to guide athletes of the caliber of Donovan Brazier and Konstanze Klosterhalfen?

From a personal life perspective, it also seems like a slightly odd move to put an ocean between herself and her husband. I guess Nic Bideau will remain in Australia to continue steering the Melbourne track club. Having said that, I get that it will bring her a lot closer geographically to her daughter. Just doesn’t seem like a great setup for family life...

I was alao surprised by the news,
    But i actually think its a good move for her.
    For one she would be within driving distance to Sophie.
    I think her role would be more with the female athletes in the group and would be a great fit for Klosterhalfen, after having completed at the highest level herself, and all the trials and tribulations than can bring.
    From watch from a far far away place its would seem to me that herself and Nic have spent considerable time apart over the year's, for various reasons. I think its initially 10 weeks, and what to say she couldn't get back to Oz for the odd weekend here and there, covid restrictions aside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

jamule wrote: »

I am surprised that Sonia is linking up with the old Nike Oregon Project and Pete Julian who worked with Salazar for over 7 years. I am also surprised at the lack of critical comment about this over here.

dna_leri wrote: »
    I am surprised that Sonia is linking up with the old Nike Oregon Project and Pete Julian who worked with Salazar for over 7 years. I am also surprised at the lack of critical comment about this over here.

I see your point, but aside from working with Salazar, has there ever any questions over Julian, genuine question. Or is it more the close association?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Ceepo wrote: »
    I see your point, but aside from working with Salazar, has there ever any questions over Julian, genuine question. Or is it more the close association?

Nobody seems to be able to decide if Julian is one of the good guys! he came in full time at 2012 to take over from Magness, he seems (or wants it to seem!) to although being his 2nd in command , his group was totally separate to Salazar. Brazier said he never had anything to do with Salazar.

Wejo's take on him is interesting-

https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=9621563

Aoife Cook is down to run the Cheshire elite marathon over the weekend in her quest for Olympic qualifying time.

Ceepo wrote: »
    Aoife Cook is down to run the Cheshire elite marathon over the weekend in her quest for Olympic qualifying time.

See Sean Hehir, Anne-Marie McGlynn, GOH and Tommy Hughes are on the start list also. A one time regular poster here, jebuz, starting also.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/Runningcheshire/posts/

Mentions live streaming, hopefully.

See Sean Hehir, Anne-Marie McGlynn, GOH and Tommy Hughes are on the start list also. A one time regular poster here, jebuz, starting also.

Thanks, i didn't go down through the start list.

Barry Keane showing nice progression.
    Running 13.35, 5000m in the Oregon relays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

It's on alright. Coverage is going to be 'amateur' of course so I wouldn't expect toooo much. Be great if they had a camera with the leading women, and if Aoife Cooke were one of them. We shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭healy1835

Live results tracker seems to have crashed. Didn't see any Irish men in the lead pack the bit I watched. Had heard differing reports of Sean Hehir & Mick Clohisey running but I don't think that materialised.

• Advertisement

Thanks for organising this, I’ve had a rough few weeks and definitely wouldn’t have attempted a 5k TT without this initiative.

The body has been in a heap for weeks and I’ve had low grade constant pain (that peculiarly doesn’t get much worse while running). I’d the physio twice this week and only decided last night I’d try it and if I was doing it I was going all out!

First mile was too fast at 6.03 but despite a struggle at the end I was happy with the way I hung in.

Garmin says 3.12 miles in 19.02

Strava says 3.11 miles and 5k PB of 18.58.

Either will do :)

TbL

Eh, we're all invested in your continuing comeback efforts Tbl, but it hardly warrants inclusion in the Athletics 2021 thread. Get a grip of yourself!

healy1835 wrote: »
    Eh, we're all invested in your continuing comeback efforts Tbl, but it hardly warrants inclusion in the Athletics 2021 thread. Get a grip of yourself!

Puts on carbon plated shoes & he’s suddenly elite!!

Yep wrong thread. Should be in the Olympic qualifying thread :)

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Aoife Cooke seems to be the leading lady passed half way.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

ariana` wrote: »
    Aoife Cooke seems to be the leading lady passed half way.

Looked like Hassett in second and Connolly in third, but very hard to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Aoife Cooke still leading the women but no clue who is behind or or how far? I wish they'd move to follow the women now that they have top 10 men finishers through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

ariana` wrote: »
    Aoife Cooke still leading the women but no clue who is behind or or how far? I wish they'd move to follow the women now that they have top 10 men finishers through.

2:28:36 Aoife Cooke (inside the standard of 2:29:30)

Ann Marie McGlynn 2:29:34......that's devastating.

Ann Marie McGlynn 2:29:34......that's devastating.

Could hear her saying after finish line she had missed it by 10secs or so, that’s rough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

That is tough to take

Advertisement