Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Affairs Infraction and thread

Options
  • 31-01-2021 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Appealing an infraction, posting the PMs which contain my responses and reasoning. I read that posting PMs is ok so here they are. If you need more information or need me to do something let me know as I'm not sure if I'm doing everything right but my point is contained in my replies here.

Dear fantaiscool,

You have been infracted for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Necro

Moderator Note

This would normally be a yellow, but you are picking up a number of cards in the forum recently. Stop personalising your posts and dragging threads off topic or your access to post will be removed

Your post: Quote:
    Originally Posted by fantaiscool viewpost.gif
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Don't Chute! viewpost.gif
    I’m from Tallaght originally and when I was living there the busses were regularly stopped from going into certain areas, however we didn’t see this as some sort of breakdown of society. You need to stop this extremely weird obsession you have with Sweden. It’s utterly pointless. You are just using this thread as a news dump and I suspect that if you weren’t a mod you would be pulled up on it.

It does raise some questions that a thread like this has been allowed to proceed as it has. I find it pretty disgusting to be honest. I wonder is this the general philosophy that the people behind boards.ie have, since biko is a mod?

Hi, I'm standing by that post taking exception to the infraction. The first step according to the dispute resolution thread is to PM you after the infraction. I outlined my issues with the mod and thread in the following post which was liked by 8 members.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...&postcount=569

I also clarified more in this post

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...&postcount=572

The post that I was replying to in the one that you took exception to was in response to another poster who questioned whether the user biko who is a mod, would get pulled up on his conduct in the thread (outlined in the two posts I linked above).

Thank you.

How is that in any way related to the thread topic? It's attacking the poster, plain and simple.

If you have an issue with posts you should report them rather than make personal comments about a poster who is not a mod of the Current Affairs forum.

Regards,

Necro

I don't think it's that simple. Maybe you can tell me what I should do. Here is the situation as I see it.

1. Poster A makes thread titled "current affairs in sweden"
    2. Poster A fills the thread with crimes such as pedophilia that have all been cherrypicked from a certain group (immigrants and libs as he calls them)
    3. I note in the thread that pedophilic crimes from other groups are not posted in the thread and question why not in a thread titled "current affairs in sweden". I share my disgust at this, as do others who agree with me.

4. Someone else suggests that Poster A would be pulled up on this if not a mod. I question why the thread has proceeded and if this conduct is representative of the opinions of mods (who seemingly find no issue with it as nothing has been done).

So I have to stand by what I've said on principle and see where it goes. So I still disagree with the infraction. Perhaps I'm overlooking something about this infraction or the process of dispute resolution? Ultimately I disagree with the infraction and don't accept it. So where do we go from here?

You are free to use the Dispute Resolution Forum if you wish to have it reviewed.

The appropriate forum to raise an issue about the thread or moderation of same would be the Help Desk, bringing it up in the thread is only going to get you sanctioned for either uncivil posting or backseat modding.

Regards,

Necro

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi Fanta

Your post clearly attacks the poster rather than the post. No question here that it warranted action. Given that you recently had another infraction a red card is appropriate and I see no basis to your appeal.

If you have feedback on a thread discuss with the mods or goto the feedback forum. Do not post about it on the thread.

If you want an admin review please let me know.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, do you want this reviewed by an Admin?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement