Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soffit lighting

Options
  • 31-01-2021 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi looking for ideas for the arrangement of soffit lighting. Obviously maybe 4 in the soffit over the door and one either side of the stone making 6 lights.
    Herself is saying then more around the dorm windows. I’m kinda on the shelf what way to go so I’m asking for recommendations what to do please..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

bazmc35 wrote: »
    Hi looking for ideas for the arrangement of soffit lighting. Obviously maybe 4 in the soffit over the door and one either side of the stone making 6 lights.
    Herself is saying then more around the dorm windows. I’m kinda on the shelf what way to go so I’m asking for recommendations what to do please..

I could never see the point of lighting up the whole front elevation of a house

Each to their own I guess, me I'd light up the door area only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

I did mine recently, if you posted a picture it would be easier to guide you as to where to put them.

Less is more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

I thought I uploaded a picture... Here’s one now..

That would have been a candidate for ground lighting when I was doing them

3-2-3

Not so much soffit lighting because of the design there, never liked soffit lights anyway

They tended to give bother as soffits are not really designed to fit lights into

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

Garden lights shining back up on the whole house?
    That might be an idea..

• Advertisement

bazmc35 wrote: »
    Garden lights shining back up on the whole house?
    That might be an idea..

In the path I meant , too late for that

Advertisement