Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW22 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Only brought in Chilwell this week so will hold fire for now. Wood to Watkins most likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Fitz* wrote: »
    Kane replacement is the plan

Welcome back Mo Salah & Brewster! (Or any fodder) Saka/Soucek out.

Gonna stick to the 3-5-2. Midfield is where it's at this year and Watkins & Lacazette will do up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

ElTel wrote: »
    Palace really stand out on the fixture ticker.
    Anyone Mr P considering PVA?

Mitchell surely is too much of a risk to rotate? Pains me to say it but who's actually first choice atm?

Also have zero confidence in Palace as a defensive or attacking unit. Luck of the draw what kind of performance shows up each week?

That's not to say I couldn't be tempted...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Sticking to the plan of Sterling to Salah, will get Gundog and Watkins next week then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I want Grealish and Barnes, feck it might just get both. Son and Soucek out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ya Son to Grealish might be my move this week. Was a 50/50 call a few weeks ago who to get rid of but Spurs are just shocking without Arry

Ya Son to Grealish might be my move this week. Was a 50/50 call a few weeks ago who to get rid of but Spurs are just shocking without Arry

Yeah Grealish looks dangerous every attack, don't want to watch another Villa game without owning him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Is Tuchel going to be another Pep?

I need stability with player picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

People getting rid of Son; ye worried about potentially not having him home to West Brom in GW23? He'll be very highly captained that gameweek you'd have to think.

People getting rid of Son; ye worried about potentially not having him home to West Brom in GW23? He'll be very highly captained that gameweek you'd have to think.

Yeah that's the only thing that would hold me back, he's the standout captain that week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Any official word on how long Kane will be out for from Jose tonight. Problem is looking at the forward options there isn't anyone I would be confident to bring in. FPL screwed us when they made all the actual forwards midfielders this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Happy4all wrote: »
    Is Tuchel going to be another Pep?

I need stability with player picks.

This may be just a short term issue while he tries to figure out his best team but Alonso did much better than Chilwell from what I could see when they both got a game to show what they could do, Would surprise me to see Alonso dropped the next game. Chilwell to Holding done since Chilwell is close to a price drop and I don't want a player that price in my team who might not start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Need to get rid of Reece James - I have a 11 starters but with knocks and rotation I might need my bench but 2 transfers would be nice for weekend if I could hold.

PVA was back yesterday and got 3 bonus, Palace have great fixtures and he would be a good differential.. what could go wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Need to get rid of Reece James - I have a 11 starters but with knocks and rotation I might need my bench but 2 transfers would be nice for weekend if I could hold.

PVA was back yesterday and got 3 bonus, Palace have great fixtures and he would be a good differential.. what could go wrong?

Mitchell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ElTel wrote: »
    Think I'll sell Bruno (for 11.3M) for him instead of Soucek so I avoid benching Watkins/Antonio/Bamford.

I'll be selling Sterling, Son or Bruno for him as I've plenty in the bank

Probably Son. Am I wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is it just me or does it feel like penalties have dried up recently?

I want to bring in Salah and Grealish but struggling to figure out who to get rid of

Maddison - have him two weeks now and his fixtures are probably the most favourable of all until end of season.
    Gundogan - Brought him into this GW, but his fixtures turn pretty bad after this GW - so thinking of shipping him
    Son - by all accounts had a bad night, hard to know how he'll fair without Kane, but does have West Brom at the weekend.
    Bruno - pretty much set on dumping him - his form and that of everyone around him has nosed dived in recent weeks.
    Pereria - My punt this week got 13 points and have some very favourable fixtures and must win games coming up - so want to keep him.

Bruno and Gundogan I'm thinking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it feel like penalties have dried up recently?

I want to bring in Salah and Grealish but struggling to figure out who to get rid of

Maddison - have him two weeks now and his fixtures are probably the most favourable of all until end of season.
    Gundogan - Brought him into this GW, but his fixtures turn pretty bad after this GW - so thinking of shipping him
    Son - by all accounts had a bad night, hard to know how he'll fair without Kane, but does have West Brom at the weekend.
    Bruno - pretty much set on dumping him - his form and that of everyone around him has nosed dived in recent weeks.
    Pereria - My punt this week got 13 points and have some very favourable fixtures and must win games coming up - so want to keep him.

Bruno and Gundogan I'm thinking...

I'm leaning towards Son. Saw some of the second half and Spurs were abject.

Bruno has WBA the week after Son does. And Newcastle after that. Even with United off form think Bruno has still looked dangerous enough. I'm not ruling out selling him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Just to add that I was thinking that sure Burnley are a solid team, then looked up and saw the city beat them 5-0 in the reverse fixture earlier in the season where Mahrez got a hatrick and 21 points. Mahrez had a nice rest this weekend... hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Just to add that I was thinking that sure Burnley are a solid team, then looked up and saw the city beat them 5-0 in the reverse fixture earlier in the season where Mahrez got a hatrick and 21 points. Mahrez had a nice rest this weekend... hmm

Also to note sterling has been benched regularly against Burnley by Pep.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Also to note sterling has been benched regularly against Burnley by Pep.

Would Pep bench Sterling 2 games in a row? And leave him 2 games without reasonable minutes before a trip to Anfield?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Would Pep bench Sterling 2 games in a row? And leave him 2 games without reasonable minutes before a trip to Anfield?

I agree it's hard to see after him having 90 mins rest but it's a regular thing and he followed the trend in the first game this season. Anyone could be dropped!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Fran has a bone

I'm dumping 1 City player either Cancelo or Gundogan soon, sick of Pep roulette. But not this week as I'm getting rid of Cavani for Bamford or Lacazette. Although both have knocks and could potentially be rested soon.

Salah gonna go up in price tonight so I'm gonna be forced into making early transfers. The first option here seems very reactionary.

Kane & Son -> Firmino & Salah (bench Saka)
    or
    Kane & Soucek -> Brewster & Salah (bench Brewster)

Also have Chilwell, will Tuchel keep him benched hard to say. Tempted too for Bruno out Salah in

Salah gonna go up in price tonight so I'm gonna be forced into making early transfers. The first option here seems very reactionary.

Kane & Son -> Firmino & Salah (bench Saka)
    or
    Kane & Soucek -> Brewster & Salah (bench Brewster)

Might move on Salah with the price increase. Chilwell due to drop too but I will wait on that for another week see what way Tuchel is looking at using him.

Chilwell arguably one of their best players this season dont see how he stays on bench for long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I wonder will Salah be rested with the City game in mind . I'm hoping Mane won't be fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

What are people who still have Kane doing?

I'd be happy to keep him and bench another GW or two as I've good options without him and no one is jumping out as his replacement but his price could fall another bit by the time next GW ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Looks like the gamble on Ziyech has failed 5 pts in the 4 games ive had him for currently 9.1 ITB and an open spot in midfield. Grealish the best option or Madders?

Team is
    Pope (Meslier)
    Cancelo Dias Robbo (Coufal, Ogbonna)
    Bruno Son Soucek Gundogan (Ziyech)
    Bamford DCL Cavani

Edit: Barnes also a possibility

markc91 wrote: »
    Looks like the gamble on Ziyech has failed 5 pts in the 4 games ive had him for currently 9.1 ITB and an open spot in midfield. Grealish the best option or Madders?

Team is
    Pope (Meslier)
    Cancelo Dias Robbo (Coufal, Ogbonna)
    Bruno Son Soucek Gundogan (Ziyech)
    Bamford DCL Cavani

Edit: Barnes also a possibility

Ive a fairly similar team to you, Grealish for me but Leicester have nice fixtures.

What are you doing re Cavani? I really rate him but he doesn't start enough and United are out of form so I'll get rid this week probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Pope makes a big difference

Advertisement