Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW22 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm dumping 1 City player either Cancelo or Gundogan soon, sick of Pep roulette. But not this week as I'm getting rid of Cavani for Bamford or Lacazette. Although both have knocks and could potentially be rested soon.
    City are liekly to have a bunch of DGW's in the next month, possibly 3 in 3 weeks. While you won't be guaranteed to get players playing both games, you're also unlikely to get blanks

Need to get rid of Reece James - I have a 11 starters but with knocks and rotation I might need my bench but 2 transfers would be nice for weekend if I could hold.

PVA was back yesterday and got 3 bonus, Palace have great fixtures and he would be a good differential.. what could go wrong?

Tierney is a better bet that PVA I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

munster87 wrote: »
    Pope makes a big difference

Actually, venue does! Last 4 games v Burnley at the Etihad were 5-0, 5-0, 5-0 and 5-0!

Last 4 league games at Turf Moor were 1-2, 1-1, 1-4 and 0-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Barnes missed GW31 through injury, and Wood went off injured. 2 attackers missing for Burnley will hamper them too.

Could be another low scoring win to nil for City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

You'd imagine Alonso won't play 2 games in 4 days after not playing at all for the last few months. Giving him another week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Brought Chilwell in for a -4 but really thinking of rage transferring him out. Not many options.

Might even just do Foden > Sterling. Foden did nothing the last 2 and could easily be rested. Sterling has had his rest.

Brought Chilwell in for a -4 but really thinking of rage transferring him out. Not many options.

Alonso hadn't made the Chelsea squad in the league or played any minutes all comps since September. I doubt he's very match fit, so Chilwell could come back in again this week.

Tuchel seems to be giving every one a chance. Mount was rested the first game, but played yesterday. Havertz & Werner vice versa.

I'd say hold for one more week. I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Ive a fairly similar team to you, Grealish for me but Leicester have nice fixtures.

What are you doing re Cavani? I really rate him but he doesn't start enough and United are out of form so I'll get rid this week probably

Plan on getting rid of cavani in the next week or two, have had a few fires to put out in recent weeks. No idea who to get in for him unless I take a hit to take out a WHU defender and get Antonio. Whats your OR btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Fitz* wrote: »
    Alonso hadn't made the Chelsea squad in the league or played any minutes all comps since September. I doubt he's very match fit, so Chilwell could come back in again this week.

Tuchel seems to be giving every one a chance. Mount was rested the first game, but played yesterday. Havertz & Werner vice versa.

I'd say hold for one more week. I am.

Except poor Zouma... Yet !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Chelsea won't be playing Burnley every week. Alonso was shown up time and time again under Lampard. I don't think he has gotten and faster just because there is a new manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Chelsea won't be playing Burnley every week. Alonso was shown up time and time again under Lampard. I don't think he has gotten and faster just because there is a new manager

Tuchel literally said his reason for bringing Alonso in was for added height in defence against Burnley. I’d imagine Chillwell comes back midweek and assuming he doesn’t play atrociously, remains first choice LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Shedite27 wrote: »

Actually just read that PVA is in last 6 months of his deal and open to a move today. Won’t be bringing him in anyway. Will probably bank and just hope all my 11 play - Brewster will be my first sub; home to WBA could be his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ya Palace are the biggest trap. Lovely fixtures but cannot be dealing with Zaha's petulance especially with an abundance of performing mids at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Banking - my teams fixtures are so good, I'd play my bench boost except im intending to keep it for a DGW. Feel like I'm gonna have a **** ton of points on the bench once again this week

Saka & Tierney both undergoing late fitness tests for the Wolves game Arteta has said.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ya Palace are the biggest trap. Lovely fixtures but cannot be dealing with Zaha's petulance especially with an abundance of performing mids at the moment

Zaha tend to pull a big double digit score every 5/6 GW and then do little or nothing - interestingly enough - most of his double digit scores have come away from home.

But as you say - too many other options

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Agree, don't have the patience for him anymore. Barnes is cheaper and isn't a big child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Actually just read that PVA is in last 6 months of his deal and open to a move today. Won’t be bringing him in anyway. Will probably bank and just hope all my 11 play - Brewster will be my first sub; home to WBA could be his time.

I think Woy said he would use PVA in the easier games and Mitchell in tougher games recently but I cant find the quote. Probably not worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Tuchel literally said his reason for bringing Alonso in was for added height in defence against Burnley. I’d imagine Chillwell comes back midweek and assuming he doesn’t play atrociously, remains first choice LB.

He said it was a reason. I wouldn’t go too far into thinking that it’s the only reason and that it won’t happen again. Expect a bit of rotation now I think.

CSF wrote: »
    He said it was a reason. I wouldn’t go too far into thinking that it’s the only reason and that it won’t happen again. Expect a bit of rotation now I think.

Yeah I expect them to be rotated a bit. CHO being the other side suggests Tuchel wants a bit more going forward rom his WB's. Alonso definitely offers that.

• Advertisement

Yeah I expect them to be rotated a bit. CHO being the other side suggests Tuchel wants a bit more going forward rom his WB's. Alonso definitely offers that.

Him getting the goal yesterday in a clean sheet victory will have pretty much bagged him more chances to play also.

Chilwell is also too good to be a permanent substitute also so the smart play is not to buy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rudiger has to be the unsexy, cheap way into Chelsea if they continue to keep clean sheets?

Rudiger has to be the unsexy, cheap way into Chelsea if they continue to keep clean sheets?
    Until Zouma pushes him out the minute I sign him or other such nonsense.

Wonder if we'll get the new Liverpool CBs added before the deadline? 4.5 and 5.0 / 5.5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »
    Wonder if we'll get the new Liverpool CBs added before the deadline? 4.5 and 5.0 / 5.5 ?

It's all a bit sh!t for Nath Phillips -

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No idea what to do about Kane as there's no idea out there of when he's back. Then add in fact no one is really standing out as a replacement.

No idea what to do about Kane as there's no idea out there of when he's back. Then add in fact no one is really standing out as a replacement.

I think if you kept him this week, you should hold one week more in the hope of West Brom at home.

Probably other fires to put out or other players you want (no strikers making a case for themselves really) anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Chilwell our for Cancelo/Dias?

What do you think of that move?

With Kane out my front line is a bit F'd

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Chilwell our for Cancelo/Dias?

What do you think of that move?

With Kane out my front line is a bit F'd

Getting in another City defender sounds great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Might bank this week but a man u defender appeals looking at fixtures and I want to squeeze Grealish back in too

Advertisement