Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mounting TV/bracket on insulated wall

• 31-01-2021 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all
    Looking for advice on the above. It's about 80mm to the block. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I had something similar for my parents house.
    I used 122mm concrete screws to fix a inch thick plank of wood to the plasterboard by anchoring into the block through the insulation void, then I mounted the TV bracket to the wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lantern Jaw

Evd-Burner wrote: »
    I had something similar for my parents house.
    I used 122mm concrete screws to fix a inch thick plank of wood to the plasterboard by anchoring into the block through the insulation void, then I mounted the TV bracket to the wood.

Thanks for reply. You cut out the insulated board and recessed the wood in and screwed into that? Or mounted the wood on the board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Thanks for reply. You cut out the insulated board and recessed the wood in and screwed into that? Or mounted the wood on the board?

mounted the wood on the board. Making sure not to screw too far to damage the plasterboard in case I ever wanted to move the telly and just fill small holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭elgicko

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/easyfix-nylon-hammer-fixings-8-x-120mm-10-pack/19157?gclid=Cj0KCQiAx9mABhD0ARIsAEfpavT0UPziNnwwCTCE2Am0A_Bi_83BAyMyiGL_6V5xYnSZdSfCauLQzU4aAlCHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

These would do the trick! 4-6 fixings. Make sure you have a good drill and correct size drill bit! Get the fixing tight in the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Rigfix screws bought them on eBay
    16mm hole for wall plug and Allen head bolt in to the concrete,
    Provides a threaded 8mm hole in the centre to bolt in the bracket,

pnTqvCyJj

pocJg0Alj

pmjSZGtfj

pmLZEbDcj

I've also used Blue GripIt fixings with the under cutting tool to remove some of the insulation at the back of the plaster board

pmyGyDjPj

pmWue9yvj

pox7yvnAj

poYiSIByj

pmLKwFzsj

pmPDq1l1j

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

The modern plasterboard fixes are excellent and add a dollap of no more nails. Unless you are living in a mad house and swinging off the tv that would suffice.

Advertisement