Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to view RTE

• 31-01-2021 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I have a Sony Bravia kd-55xe8596. I've tuned the digital TV channels and can view loads ike BBC etc but I can't view anything like RTE1, 2 and Jr. I get the error "selected service is scrambled or cannot be decoded". Can anyone advise on what I should do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The Irish channels are encrypted on satellite and require a Sky subscription to view, an aerial pointing at a terrestrial transmitter will be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Yiska

The Cush wrote: »
    The Irish channels are encrypted on satellite and require a Sky subscription to view, an aerial pointing at a terrestrial transmitter will be required.

Thanks, I have an aerial too. How do I get the TV to recognise that?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭NaFirinne

Surely if we pay a TV license we should be able to view RTE without going through Sky or some other additional subscription to view.

NaFirinne wrote: »
    Surely if we pay a TV license we should be able to view RTE without going through Sky or some other additional subscription to view.

Yeah it's a bit silly. Strange that in Ireland I can only watch British TV channels easily!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭KildareP

You can with an aerial

• Advertisement

KildareP wrote: »
    You can with an aerial

Could you explain how? I have an aerial and a satellite but I can't seem to make the TV recognise the aerial :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭KildareP

Yiska wrote: »
    Could you explain how? I have an aerial and a satellite but I can't seem to make the TV recognise the aerial :(

You need to tune the terrestrial in separately.

On my Bravia running Android I have its in Settings:
    Channel Setup → Digital Setup → Digital Tuning → Digital Auto Tuning

Whereas satellite is:
    Channel Setup → Digital Setup → Satellite Set-up → Digital Satellite Tuning

To be honest I found the built in tuners, particularly recording and EPG, aren't great so I went and got a dedicated box instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Saorview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Viewing irish channels is also possible via the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

and how would be nice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

swoofer wrote: »
    and how would be nice?

if thats for me, i cant talk about the methods i use to do so on boards, but theyre common methods, iplayer apps from broadcasters can also be downloaded onto modern smart tv's, and streaming devices can also be used, connected to tv's, to do so

Advertisement