Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday rental kilkee

Options
  • 31-01-2021 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Looking for advice on where to look for holiday rental for the last 2 weeks in July in Kilkee. Have used trident before for kilkee bay apartments, but would ideally like a 3 bed this year, so teen could bring a friend. Were flexible on dates, but not having much luck with online searches. Any advice appreciated on where best to look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I heard Kilkee is fairly booked up for this Summer. The holiday houses don't ever seem to be advertised. It's all word of mouth booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I just looked at airbnb there now. 2 houses available for the last 2 weeks in July. €112-€129 per night. Not too bad actually considering the demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

ulsen wrote: »
    Looking for advice on where to look for holiday rental for the last 2 weeks in July in Kilkee. Have used trident before for kilkee bay apartments, but would ideally like a 3 bed this year, so teen could bring a friend. Were flexible on dates, but not having much luck with online searches. Any advice appreciated on where best to look.

Get anywhere in the end? We've been to Kilkee the last 5 years but the place we normally stay has been sold. Can't find anything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ulsen

Ended up going with Trident and Kilkee bay apartments. We have stayed in them before, they have good sized rooms and clean. Ideally would have liked 3 beds, but "beggars cant be choosers" this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

ulsen wrote: »
    Ended up going with Trident and Kilkee bay apartments. We have stayed in them before, they have good sized rooms and clean. Ideally would have liked 3 beds, but "beggars cant be choosers" this year.

Thanks for reply. We need 3 beds as have 3 kids and 2 dogs. Never had problems like this before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

I began to notice this issue in the last few years. Most houses which were holiday rentals became owners holiday homes with no rental. The front block of Spanish Cove is now fully owners only. The same is happening in other developments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I began to notice this issue in the last few years. Most houses which were holiday rentals became owners holiday homes with no rental. The front block of Spanish Cove is now fully owners only. The same is happening in other developments.

Last few places I've used have all gone owner occupied. I think because bookings were so low, and only when the owner wanted to use the places themselves, or they need it for themselves or a family member due to the lack of housing. There were also a few cautionary tales about renters not moving out, and struggling to get back the property. I assume the latter is very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

beauf wrote: »
    Last few places I've used have all gone owner occupied. I think because bookings were so low, and only when the owner wanted to use the places themselves, or they need it for themselves or a family member due to the lack of housing. There were also a few cautionary tales about renters not moving out, and struggling to get back the property. I assume the latter is very rare.

Many of the houses were developed under tax incentive schemes. Once that expired and the owners had any kind of hassle they sold up or stopped letting. It certainly wouldn't pay anyone to buy a property based on the income from holiday letting.

Advertisement