Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer in Quin Co. Clare

• 31-01-2021 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I recently moved to Quin in Co. Clare and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good locations to find deer?

I just received my deer hunting license and I'm trying to get a deer before the season finishes.

I have land permission around the dromoland area.

Thanks
    Colm
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Conse1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recently moved to Quin in Co. Clare and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good locations to find deer?

I just received my deer hunting license and I'm trying to get a deer before the season finishes.

Thanks
    Colm

You can only shoot deer on land that you have permission to do so, the best thing to do is walk the land you have permission on and look for signs of activity, maybe introduce yourself and ask around neighboring farm owners to the one you have permission on.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Conse1 wrote: »

I think you’ll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,047 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The Quin/Dromoland/ Carnelly house/Newmarket on Fergus area od Clare is probably one of the most hunted and poached and wildlife ranger frequented areas of Clare.

NPWS have or had a base in the back part of the Dromoland estate as it is Coilte ASFIK.
    Dunno what the set up is now with Dromoland estate itself for shooting anymore,or who has it.
    However the outlying farms and area does have a good population of deer,so it isn't a biggie to find someone who will sort you out.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Conse1

Thanks for all your help

Advertisement