Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction dispute

Options
  • 31-01-2021 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Infraction dispute.

I wish to dispute the a red card infraction received on a the weather forum.

I Have contacted the mod via pm Danno. I have highlighted and underlined what he is calling out as a red card offence and have also done the same on my pm's that'll establish that this mod is light years from being unbiased and is only concerned with covering his tracks and therefore establishing that the infraction was made at least for the wrong reason.
    Danno wrote:
    Dear Banana Republic 1,
    You have been infracted for personal abuse.
    Moderator Note

Accusations of racism where none exist is a serious line to cross.

Link directing to my post leading to this infraction. #146
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116113553&postcount=146

^ What specifically the mod is sore about
    2 They other basket contains people like Danno, the “moderator” ]who got the last tread closed down following his racist comments, and the other red letter Fleet Street eaters.

That thread is CC3 -- Why I believe that a third option is needed for climate change and the quote from Danno was,
    Danno wrote:
    Ah, this nugget - the over-population issue. Lets sterilise Africa and most parts of Asia, yeah? That's where they're popping out babbies to bate the band. Start there, okay? Agree?

I found this extremely derogatory and so did others. A third moderator came in closed the thread down and deleted pages.

^I sent a pm to the moderator as a reply to the infraction.
    Are you going to infract yourself for the “personal abuse you give dish out on a far more regular basis such as your reply to arkansis”

This is a link to that post, thread number#147 on the full site. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116113563#post116113563

Continuation of my pm
    You did actually make what I and others described as a racist remark in the third way thread and another moderator actually had to delete the page in question. Now if you went through some kind of moderators tribunal and were cleared of any fault and can show me fair enough I will retract that part of my statement. The beginnings of another “bun” fight are happening once again on the weather forum and your not helping.

^Dannos Response
    Yesterday, 23:45
    Firstly I've never name-checked anyone by compiling a list of other users I disagree with and pigeon-hole them into "categories"

Secondly, I mentioned other continents in the last thread about their birth-rate when the suggestion of "over-population" arose. It's a well known fact that Asia and Africa are expanding their population levels at a high rate. And for what it's worth, there is a huge diversity of skin colours living on both continents - so racist accusations there are as weak as dyke water.

Take some time to cool your jets.

^ The phrase Im not a racist but springs to mind^

The next traunch of pms
    Re: You have received an infraction
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Banana Republic 1
    I will. However the determination wether something is racist or not is not down to the, for the want of a better word, spouter/issuer it’s the victim who does that please bear that in mind.

Also Gaoth L did name me in his post which I was responding too.

Danno
    I doubt there are many people queuing to take offence to the fact that Asia and Africa are leading the world in family size, so I won't be concerned by any fallout from folk who don't accept the factual data on that observation.

Regarding GL, he is a stern debater and he's/she's hard to argue against, so use facts not emotion against him/her.

^Final thoughts^
    Stern debater please I don't think this moderator should even be assigned with a badge let alone let loose and therefore Im disputing this red card

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi Banana Republic 1,
    Please be advised that I will be reviewing your dispute resolution over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Black Swan wrote: »
    Hi Banana Republic 1,
    Please be advised that I will be reviewing your dispute resolution over the next few days.

Ok

Ok

Is anything going to be done with this or will it just be shelved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Is anything going to be done with this or will it just be shelved.
    We are unpaid volunteers. Please be advised that your dispute will be fully reviewed when time permits.

We are unpaid volunteers. Please be advised that your dispute will be fully reviewed when time permits.

This ban ends tonight at 23:19. Given the nature of my argument and the scramble by the mod in question to be more active in his modding duties since I’ve lodged same, I beginning to wonder when that time may come.

• Advertisement

This ban ends tonight at 23:19.
    What ban? You received a red card infraction, as labeled in the title of this dispute resolution request. Red cards can be confirmed or reversed or reduced to yellow at any time after this review.

What ban? You received a red card infraction, as labeled in the title of this dispute resolution request. Red cards can be confirmed or reversed or reduced to yellow at any time after this review.

I was under the impression that I was not to post on that thread for a period. I asked moderator this was his reply.

https://touch.boards.ie/message/16543064

I cannot read the above link. Once again, you are contesting an infraction, not a ban. Furthermore, thread bans are local moderator tools, not forum or site bans that can be reviewed and confirmed or changed here.

I cannot read the above link. Once again, you are contesting an infraction, not a ban. Furthermore, thread bans are local moderator tools, not forum or site bans that can be reviewed and confirmed or changed here.

Yes I’m contesting an infraction, my argument is that the mod is completely bankrupt and disingenuous and this latest addition proves that.

Post script: if you can’t read that link how can you see the others posted within my original dispute post?

Date: 31/01/2021 | 11:22
    Quote: Banana Republic 1
    What does this infraction mean as regards the continuation of thread post.

Dannos reply
    It Expires
    23:19 09-02-2021

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here

If you look at cards in your profile there is an automatic "expiry" after 10 days. What does that mean? In your case pretty much nothing. It's a legacy of the vBulletin system and was used to automatically siteban someone who receives 9 red cards over a 10 day period

The red card on your profile remains unless overturned here (in which case an Admin will remove it from your profile)

Did the mod actually tell you not to post in the thread? If not you are free to continue posting there, obviously within site and forum rules

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    OP I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding here

If you look at cards in your profile there is an automatic "expiry" after 10 days. What does that mean? In your case pretty much nothing. It's a legacy of the vBulletin system and was used to automatically siteban someone who receives 9 red cards over a 10 day period

The red card on your profile remains unless overturned here (in which case an Admin will remove it from your profile)

Did the mod actually tell you not to post in the thread? If not you are free to continue posting there, obviously within site and forum rules

I asked him and his reply was just, it expires 09/02/21 at 23:19, nothing more. Make of that what you will, I took it don’t post till that time passes.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Post deleted

Do not post in a DRP thread unless you are the OP or are specifically invited to do so by CMod or Admin

Hi Banana Republic 1:
    I have consulted with our Weather mod team, the mod assigning the red card, and the forum charter. I also took a fresh look at your recorded post.

Your post clearly violated the charter. Specifically you personally attacked and trolled members when you discussed “three types of poster.” You named them in your post. You also named a mod in personal attack terms. Furthermore, you discussed posting behavior of other members by name as if you moderated in-thread.

Your red card stands. My review is complete. You have one of two choices at this point. You can learn from this event and move on, or you can ask for an Admin review.

I would strongly suggest that you read the charter and follow it. If you do not, you may receive additional actions, up to forum bans. Futhermore, it would be wise for you to reflect on your posting behaviour, given that you have received 10 different disciplinary actions by 8 different mods in 5 different forums, 7 of these actions occurring in the past couple months.

Hi Banana Republic 1:
    I have consulted with our Weather mod team, the mod assigning the red card, and the forum charter. I also took a fresh look at your recorded post.

Your post clearly violated the charter. Specifically you personally attacked and trolled members when you discussed “three types of poster.” You named them in your post. You also named a mod in personal attack terms. Furthermore, you discussed posting behavior of other members by name as if you moderated in-thread.

Your red card stands. My review is complete. You have one of two choices at this point. You can learn from this event and move on, or you can ask for an Admin review.

I would strongly suggest that you read the charter and follow it. If you do not, you may receive additional actions, up to forum bans. Futhermore, it would be wise for you to reflect on your posting behaviour, given that you have received 10 different disciplinary actions by 8 different mods in 5 different forums, 7 of these actions occurring in the past couple months.

Headline boards backs it own horse despite overwhelming evidence. When you “Consulted with the weather team” did you happen to discuss the reason stated for the infraction and wether there was truth to the part of my post the moderator took issue with as it was not all of it. Indeed as far as the rest of that post is concerned, which again the moderator had no issue with, I was to uses phrase I’ve heard once before from some cat, I was “ engaging in robust argument”

I’ve learned is it’s ok for mods to say what ever they like and allow others to do the same as they will be fully backed by the chain of command anyway. Also some of those disciplinary actions were revoked because they were given in error, did that come up in the “consultation” or did you just want to go back far enough to discredit me in front of the Admins ?

(Post script) I most certainly was not “trolling” and if I’m guilty of that so are numerous others in two threads mentioned and my question would be were was the moderator if I was doing this all along.
    ~End Transmission~

I do not accept your investigation slash Mor-ya consultation and wish this to be reviewed by an Administrator.

I do not accept your investigation slash Mor-ya consultation and wish this to be reviewed by an Administrator.

Administration Request: Please review per OP request.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Okay Banana Republic 1, I took a look at the posts leading up to your card and I'm afraid it's pretty clear cut. If you are not happy with how someone is posting then you have options available to you to air those grievances. Instead you launched into a direct attack with the thread on anybody who had happened to fall into your crosshairs, and it's pretty hard to see how that wouldn't warrant mod action.

The red card stands, and please consider your posting style in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement