Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE Recommendations for buying high spec monitors

Options
  • 31-01-2021 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Are there any physical shops that stock/sell higher spec monitors for gaming.
    Purchased a monitor on laptopsdirect.ie recently but they are now charging import duty which adds signifigantly to the cost.
    If not are there recommendations for eu resellers?

I'm looking for something like a 240hz benq zowie or an asus rog in 24", also a super widescreen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

viper123 wrote: »
    Are there any physical shops that stock/sell higher spec monitors for gaming.
    Purchased a monitor on laptopsdirect.ie recently but they are now charging import duty which adds signifigantly to the cost.
    If not are there recommendations for eu resellers?

I'm looking for something like a 240hz benq zowie or an asus rog in 24", also a super widescreen

German, Spain, French PC sellers should have monitors in their stock. Worth to check amazon.de too.

There's no decent phone or any IT seller in Ireland - everything is overpriced or older models.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Maybe Dell.ie if they've a monitor to suit you

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Thanks, will check them all out. Spent all weekend looking and always ended up on UK sites which I want to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I managed to purchase a 4k monitor from amazon.es
    You can read the discussion in this thread. Or, if it seems too long, just skip to the conclusion post.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Thanks, I found the monitor there that I'm looking for and it is reasonably good value compared to uk sites

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Asus-ROG-Strix-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07FXTX9W1/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=asus+%22xg248q%22&qid=1612184809&sr=8-1

• Advertisement
Advertisement