Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abuse towards footballers online

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

adaminho wrote: »
    Was working for O2 at the time. If you read through the thread I was giving generalisations of what was coming out in the near future. It was classed as "Disclosing confidential company information that maybe beneficial to a competitor"

Kind of worrying if Boards gave your details away tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

CSF wrote: »
    Kind of worrying if Boards gave your details away tbh

I would think O2 would have had all the necessary information on their own servers. Might take a bit longer to isolate and crosscheck, but surely doable.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I would think O2 would have had all the necessary information on their own servers. Might take a bit longer to isolate and crosscheck, but surely doable.

Really? Shows how much I know

I see they’re after charging a 49 year old for sending online racial abuse to Romaine Sawyers. Let’s see if this one actually gets taken seriously or if it’s just part of the continued agenda in relation to the social media companies and eliminating any form of anonymity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CSF wrote: »
    Really? Shows how much I know

Access to boards on X date/time from Pc 1234 user Adaminho.

Fairly easy once the post was noticed.

Assuming it was posted whilst in work, if it wasnt.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

dreamers75 wrote: »

Yes, posted from a work computer. The thing is it's very easy to run down an IP address if you need to so there should be no problem blocking one if it's found to post abuse! Maybe a mod can clarify but don't Boards do the same to stop re-regs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

dreamers75 wrote: »

adaminho wrote: »
    Yes, posted from a work computer. The thing is it's very easy to run down an IP address if you need to so there should be no problem blocking one if it's found to post abuse! Maybe a mod can clarify but don't Boards do the same to stop re-regs?

Find all posts to boards.ie within a 15-min time frame of the offending post (which will appear beside the post, even it not logged in) - sort by employee number. You said that more than one person was fired..?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Find all posts to boards.ie within a 15-min time frame of the offending post (which will appear beside the post, even it not logged in) - sort by employee number. You said that more than one person was fired..?

From what I learnt in my disciplinary hearing I believe it was 8 in total. It seems the rest were sharing worse than the thread I showed but it was a case of of "If we sack them we have to sack everyone that posted!" I brought it up in my appeal that if a customer asked in store what should I say? I was told exactly what you said but because it was online it was available to a competitor. I did have a confidentiality clause in my contract so was screwed!

Hopefully people get the message that what you post online can have real world consequences!

I don't mind answering questions on it but don't want to drag the thread off topic so if anyone has a question PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not online abuse but what hope is there to clean it up when people in the game itself are like this in real life?
    Albion Rovers' David Cox says he has quit football after claiming he was verbally abused about his mental health struggles by an opposition player.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56940793

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The social media blackout starts at 3pm today till midnight Monday.

I wonder will any footballer forget to cancel their automated posts before games over the weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement