Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy man with bike and dog.

Options
  • 31-01-2021 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭

I was very glad of cameras on the Ballybrack walk way in Douglas yesterday when an absolute prick lost control of his bike and his dog, fell off and started shouting at and beating the dog.
    I failed to not say anything. Prick face wanted to beat the head off me and I suspect if it wasn't for cameras (which I pointed out to him), myself, my brother and my wife (all in our 50s) would have had to fight our way out of the situation.
    Total scummer.

One might wonder what I said.
    Well, I was planning on not getting involved but as I passed he was looking at me shaking his head in a sort of "I've some fool of a dog, don't I", kind of way.
    I said, "we could all shake our heads".
    WHAT? Says he.
    I said "you are hitting your dog."
    His next line was priceless - "he made me fall off my bike because he wouldn't listen!"
    I didn't respond to this.

That's it. He went bezerk. Shouting, threatening me. Following after us. Too him about 5 minutes to decide to let it go.

Anyone ever come across this guy and his poor dog? Guy is around 40,I'd say. Hi viz gear.
    Dog looks looks like a German Shepherd cross, quite old, I'd say.

What really bothered me was yer man publicly beat his dog and threatened to seriously assault a stranger but I ended up feeling terrible for not being able to keep my mouth shut and nearly getting my brother and my wife into a fight.

I hope he didn't take his humiliation out of someone else later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Did he go by the name Micháel....?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

I was very glad of cameras on the Ballybrack walk way in Douglas yesterday when an absolute prick lost control of his bike and his dog, fell off and started shouting at and beating the dog.
    I failed to not say anything. Prick face wanted to beat the head off me and I suspect if it wasn't for cameras (which I pointed out to him), myself, my brother and my wife (all in our 50s) would have had to fight our way out of the situation.
    Total scummer.

One might wonder what I said.
    Well, I was planning on not getting involved but as I passed he was looking at me shaking his head in a sort of "I've some fool of a dog, don't I", kind of way.
    I said, "we could all shake our heads".
    WHAT? Says he.
    I said "you are hitting your dog."
    His next line was priceless - "he made me fall off my bike because he wouldn't listen!"
    I didn't respond to this.

That's it. He went bezerk. Shouting, threatening me. Following after us. Too him about 5 minutes to decide to let it go.

Anyone ever come across this guy and his poor dog? Guy is around 40,I'd say. Hi viz gear.
    Dog looks looks like a German Shepherd cross, quite old, I'd say.

What really bothered me was yer man publicly beat his dog and threatened to seriously assault a stranger but I ended up feeling terrible for not being able to keep my mouth shut and nearly getting my brother and my wife into a fight.

I hope he didn't take his humiliation out of someone else later.

Report the bollox, awful to see

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That's animal abuse. Contact the authorities straight away. Scumbag and a poor defenseless dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Really no way of identifying him to report him.
    Also, I'm not sure that physically disciplining your dog is actually illegal.

He wasn't kicking the shlt out of the dog rather giving him a few digs. Wrong but not illegal as far as I know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

I thought you said there was cameras up there

• Advertisement

I thought you said there was cameras up there

Not sure how that would help with what actually happened.
    The only illegal thing he did was to threaten someone. I don't imagine the Gardaí following that up in the circumstances, considering he was unknown to me and no assault actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

"Beating his dog"? What did he actually do?

Seems like a bit of a non-event if you're not bothered reporting it.

I may be missing something in the long post....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

Not sure how that would help with what actually happened.
    The only illegal thing he did was to threaten someone. I don't imagine the Gardaí following that up in the circumstances, considering he was unknown to me and no assault actually happened.

Animal cruelty?

Animal cruelty?

I imagine he would claim that he was merely disciplining his dog.
    We're currently allowed to physically discipline children,not to mind dogs. What he did wasn't illegal, just shltty and wrong.
    (threatening me was illegal but I wasn't inclined to go through the rigmarole of reporting that.

Really, I just needed to get the experience off my chest and I wondered if anyone else came across this unhinged prick.

We're currently allowed to physically discipline children,not to mind dogs. What he did wasn't illegal, just shltty and wrong.
    (threatening me was illegal but I wasn't inclined to go through the rigmarole of reporting that.

Really, I just needed to get the experience off my chest and I wondered if anyone else came across this unhinged prick.

started shouting at and beating the dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

If he could do that in public, what is he doing to the dog at home? If it were me, I'd report it.

For clarity, he hit the dog across the head and gave him a couple of digs on his side.
    All with his hand.
    The dog was cowed and scared.

If he could do that in public, what is he doing to the dog at home? If it were me, I'd report it.

Some ppl shouldn't have animals in their care, and certainly shouldn't have had the dog running in front of him or tied on etc, accident waiting to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Even though it’s not, gardaí may have two words for you. Civil matter, which is a polite term fir another two not so polite words.

If you want something sorted, sort it yourself.

Some ppl shouldn't have animals in their care, and certainly shouldn't have had the dog running in front of him or tied on etc, accident waiting to happen

But it was the dog's fault as he wouldn't listen to prickface!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

You went to all that effort to write the post yet you done SFA about, absolute waste of time coming on here crying about it.

But it was the dog's fault as he wouldn't listen to prickface!

Of course,,,, love the expression, new one on me "prickface" only in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

No sure if this is a typo - if it's not....?

If, by physically discipline, you mean slap or smack, then no you can't.....section 28 of the Children First Act 2015 came into Law in December 2015.

Re the incident you witnessed - shocking and worth mentioning to Gardai if you could identify him...as another poster suggested, it sounds like animal cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Arseholes "walking" dogs on bikes are accidents waiting to happen.

Lazy pricks.

blindsider wrote: »
    No sure if this is a typo - if it's not....?

If, by physically discipline, you mean slap or smack, then no you can't.....section 28 of the Children First Act 2015 came into Law in December 2015.

No, not a typo, just me being wrong.
    I'm guessing that I was aware of this at the time but for whatever reason my brain had forgotten it. Thanks for that info.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Arseholes "walking" dogs on bikes are accidents waiting to happen.

Lazy pricks.

There’s a girl I see every so often who cycles around a local roundabout on her bike with her dog on a lead. Definitely an accident waiting to happen. You’d have to wonder about some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There’s a girl I see every so often who cycles around a local roundabout on her bike with her dog on a lead. Definitely an accident waiting to happen. You’d have to wonder about some people.

Her legs obviously work. No excuse for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Saw some scumbag driving around the pitches at Murphys farm during the summer with his dog on a lead out the car window. Felt sorry for the madra.

SomeFool wrote: »
    Saw some scumbag driving around the pitches at Murphys farm during the summer with his dog on a lead out the car window. Felt sorry for the madra.

FFS a new low

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Saw a young wan absolutely mangle herself off a bike while trying to cyclewalk a dog during the summer. I was driving and saw the dog cross in front of the bike and straight over the handlebars yer wan went. Stopped to help her and she was a mess - lots of tarmac burn. The dog fecked off home, I'd to help her back. I (just about) managed to stop myself asking "well that the fu(k did you think was going to happen?"

Edit: For the OP, you should have either given him a dig on the spot (yer man, not the dog) or let it go. No point in overthinking it now.

Advertisement