Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IKEA Problem

• 31-01-2021 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

I have an order with IKEA.

There was no tracking number sent to me when the order dispatched scans when I phoned customer service they gave me two tracking number.

I put them both into DPD website but for the couple of days it was just “information received from seller expecting parcel shortly”.

There was nothing on the DPD app at all until yesterday morning when it showed a parcel out for delivery. The driver only brought one box and I asked if he had more. He didn’t and I thought no more if it as the app has showed only one parcel.

However now one tracking number is showering as “invalid consignment number” and the other is showing as having 2 parcels and delivered.

I have had no bad experience with DPD before. Is likely that the driver did have that other package in the van? If f so he will obviously notice after his last delivery yesterday? If it wasn’t in the van is it still possible that the second parcel could still be delivered in a the next few days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

There was no tracking number sent to me when the order dispatched scans when I phoned customer service they gave me two tracking number.

I put them both into DPD website but for the couple of days it was just “information received from seller expecting parcel shortly”.

There was nothing on the DPD app at all until yesterday morning when it showed a parcel out for delivery. The driver only brought one box and I asked if he had more. He didn’t and I thought no more if it as the app has showed only one parcel.

However now one tracking number is showering as “invalid consignment number” and the other is showing as having 2 parcels and delivered.

I have had no bad experience with DPD before. Is likely that the driver did have that other package in the van? If f so he will obviously notice after his last delivery yesterday? If it wasn’t in the van is it still possible that the second parcel could still be delivered in a the next few days?

That's almost certainly IKEA's fault. They often send incomplete shipments. You'll probably get a text from them regarding a refund. They sent me two out of the three parts for a couch in August!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I had the same thing year before last, so no covid busyness, I phoned them, they agreed it was their mistake and would send the second part, they did but it turned out they either sent it twice or the first missing box turned up as I got it twice on consecutive days.

Advertisement