Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is designated car space number put on deeds?

Options
  • 31-01-2021 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Would anyone know if a designated car space number of an apartment is put on the property deeds?

And can I get a copy of the deeds from the bank as I've misplaced mine.

We have not occupied our apartment for some years and are looking to move back in.

We think that there has been a mistake by the management company that due to our absence perhaps they thought that our space was vacant... as every car space is now occupied and we have nowhere to park.

We purchased the space with the apartment and pay an annual car park service charge.

I don't recall if the deeds mention the car space number.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Not usually as space numbering can change (for security reasons it should not correspond to unit number). You should have a map with your space marked on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭to99

It's not possible to access the space if there is a car parked perpendicular on the other side.

The proximity to the wall and column mean that there is about an inch either side to manoeuvre and requires a 2nd person to guide us in.

I mean, this can't be acceptable as a car space, can it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Davauer

Ask the management your parking spot number

Davauer wrote: »
    Ask the management your parking spot number

Hi

So we did and they told us the postage size stamp space in the photo above which is contrary to the number that we had noted when we purchased the property years ago.

Our neighbour gave us a map of the car park and (1) our apartment is not noted on the map at all and (2) the space we've been told to park in now is not classified as a car space on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'd be inclined to park in one of the spots leased to the pub which imo is entirely ridiculous. I'd also be asking to see financial records of payments made from the pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Where was your parking space when you bought your property, and what does your purchase contract say about the space it relates to?

Dav010 wrote: »
    Where was your parking space when you bought your property, and what does your purchase contract say about the space it relates to?

The purchase contract says one designated car space with the apartment.

The car space number on the document is left blank.

And the bank's valuer's report records that the car space has a value of 25K.

We were told a number (not in writing) at the time of purchase but the management company now says it is a different number.

This other number is nigh on impossible to access as indicated in photo above.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

to99 wrote: »
    The purchase contract says one designated car space with the apartment.

The car space number on the document is left blank.

And the bank's valuer's report records that the car space has a value of 25K.

We were told a number (not in writing) at the time of purchase but the management company now says it is a different number.

I assumed from your op that you had lived there are some stage as you said you were moving back in. If you haven’t previously looked for an assigned space, and all others are assigned, then this may be your space.

This is of no benefit now, but it was quite an oversight not to have the space assigned on signing the contract of sale.

Dav010 wrote: »
    I assumed from your op that you had lived there are some stage as you said you were moving back in. If you haven’t previously looked for an assigned space, and all others are assigned, then this may be your space.

This is of no benefit now, but it was quite an oversight not to have the space assigned on signing the contract of sale.

Granted.

But surely it has to be a space that can actually be parked in and not a postage stamp?

At that rate they could say my space is in the stairwell. That would be as much use as a "car space" that can only be accessed when there is no other car parked perpendicular to it (which is never) and the doors can not be fully opened and I have one inch to manoeuvre into the space.

There is literally a bollard on the car space cutting off its size and bordered by a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

It's probably best to get legal advice on this one. Looks like it either an oversight or someone is pulling a fast one. Measure the other spaces in the car park and compare it to that one. There is probably a minimum allowed area for parking spaces documented somewhere too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Just looking at that pic again OP it looks as though it's just the end wall all along the passenger side. Could you not just park it against the wall in front of the space and not actually in it? It would add the width of that post.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Just looking at that pic again OP it looks as though it's just the end wall all along the passenger side. Could you not just park it against the wall in front of the space and not actually in it? It would add the width of that post.

That's a good idea!

At the moment though no because the builders who are working on the building for the next year (fire safety) are currently putting all of their materials and waste material in the space opposite.... yeah, this car park is a joke, I know.

So if I parked there, they wouldn't be able to easily access waste material there or they would damage my car in the process.

Advertisement