Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh - thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

So the Korean Ministry of Environment found the Korean car to be the best when compared to its Japanese and German rivals?

Shocked I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I think they found one thing in which this car is best and pointed to it. It terms of range it can extract from every W it is outstanding car, although 38kWh version is not ideal for longer journeys compared to 28kWh.

Yeah, I was being facetious.

The 28 is a ridiculously over-engineered car. The 38 is still brilliant. Just the 28 is brillianter.

So the 28 comes in SE and SE Premium (from the UK) spec?

And the premium comes with leather?

Any other differences between the two, seeing as someone could get a leather covering aftermarket?

And if the car is UK, can the speedo be changed to km/h?

Can't change Speedo.

Can get a kmph reading visible, and can have android auto map with GPS kmph but actual physical Speedo is mph

• Advertisement

Thanks Emmet.

Any idea of the difference between the standard and premium versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I have the SE

You get extra

Leather heated & cooled front seats

Heated rear outer seats

Drivers electric seat & memory for 2 drivers

Blind spot detection

Rear cross traffic detection

Front & rear parking sensors but might be in premium as well.

Alloy pedals

Heated steering wheel butvsome premium models have this too

I thought the miles rather than kms would annoy me but it's fine. I put it in sports mode all the time.

Ah ok.

So Premium is standard, and Premium SE is the top spec model?

Yes, the premium Se are all imports as it wasn't sold here at all.

Well, as mentioned in the Bargains thread, I'm now the proud, and very happy, owner of an Ioniq28.

Coached it up to Galway this morning, met RonnieL (top man), got the deal done, and hit the road.

Forgot to reset the tripmeter when I left his house...only remembered about 5km into the journey.

Mostly sunny day, few showers, windy enough. Drove in normal mode all the way (with the exception of the last 2 km up the hills!), with the cruise control set at the speed limit (including approx. 80km @ 120km/h indicated) on each road. Made the 189km journey with 9km to spare!

Not a bad first day's work!

• Advertisement

Congrats Soarer, I really like my Ioniq but there is absolutely no way I would get 189kms but then again I live a very mountainous area and have a heavy foot and drive in sports mode all the time.

It's a way more fun to drive in sports mode, I have the series of button presses when I get into the car, sports mode, heated seats and steering wheel in the winter, autohold

Yeah, can start driving with a bit more of a heavy foot now. Just wanted to see what she was capable of really.

Inadvertantly tested the range to the fullest last night! Went for a spin, few kilometres from home and the gauge read "8km". Shur that's loads I though. Went from 8km to - -, and then Turtle mode and reduced power very quickly. I live at the top of a very steep hill, so making it up that on turtle power (heroes in a half-shell!) was nerve tingling to say the least! Did it though, so now know not to leave her drop beyong the 8km mark!

While on the night run, noticed that the halogen main beams are laughably bad. Plus they look terrible next to the LEDs! Has anyone swapped them out for LEDs? If so, which ones? I know they're HB3 9005 bulbs, but sometimes LEDs can be longer and don't fit in the housing.

Also, I know there are a few apps on Android for monitoring stuff, CanIoniq being one. Is there anything for iOS available?

Also also, I updated the in-built maps last night (had never been done previously). Took ages, but now it accepts Eircodes, which makes things infinitely more easy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,267 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was that a full software update you did or just the maps?

Being able to use eircodes sounds very handy.

Not sure what else updated bar the maps.

Wasn’t familiar enough with the system to notice differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Unlike some other EVs - 0 percent on the Ioniq 28 actually means zero.

No hidden below zero percent range..

Thankfully I've never been that low but was aware of it before I ever had a 28

Right folks, this one has me stumped.

I've the heating on, set to the max (30). I want the heat to go to my feet, so I change the direction to point downwards. After a second or two though, it reverts to the front windscreen symbol with "auto" under it.

I don't have it set to auto!

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fidoodles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Usually when a car is set to Max or Min it goes into auto mode, turns on a/c etc. My Tesla Model 3 does, think my VW before also did.

That worked an absolute treat! Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,084 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone know where to pick up a matching paint touch up kit for a 2017 black Ioniq? Few small scratches and a newish chip I want to get sorted.

• Advertisement

Your local motorfactors?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Is it a flat black on the Ioniq 28? If so. should be easy to colour match from either online, or as mentioned above your local motor factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,084 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Tried the three local ones during the week but they didn't have any in stock.

Was checking Halfords as well but not sure if their own brand "phantom black" will match.

I thought it was metallic but now you have me doubting myself.

Anybody familiar with the canIoniq app?

Installed it while ago and hooked it up to the car. All the cells were perfectly balanced, and the SoH of the battery was 100%! All good.

Decided to plug in my bastardised charging cable to see what would happen, and the app says the charging speed was between 32 and 33. There are no units given. Any ideas? It hardly means 3.3kW?

amps

So it was charging at the full 32A even though the cable and plug are rated at <20A?

Sounds like it might be.

What percentage battery is your car displaying? & then how long to charge? Cell balancing will add some extra time

You turn down the charging speed in the ioniq in the settings menu. Press the ev button & have a look through. It might be prudent you don't want that cable&plug to overheat.

Was your leaf 3.3 charging?

I only plugged it in for 20 minutes to see what happened. Think it went from 15% to 20%.

Think the Leaf was 3.3 charging. It was a good while ago now!

• Advertisement

So I found this website https://www.ioniqforum.com/threads/ioniq-2017-3-level-of-charging-current.21842/

Becuase of my hotch-potch charging arrangement, the part that interests me is the second post.

This lad did the calculations for the maximum, medium & minumum charging rates for the car.

"I can add in the numbers for a T2 homecharger 230V 32Amp.

Chargespeed at ,maximum, medium and minimum speed, Stationary Type2

Maximum = 30 Ampere (=6,7kW)

Medium = 26 Ampere (=5,87kW)

Minimum= 17 Ampere (=3,94kW)"

So by all accounts, I can set it to minimum and charge at 17A, which is comfortably below the 20A rating of my cable and connector?

Advertisement