Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh - thread 2.0

1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I definitely saw a 2019 38 during the week so some of them exist, but I think most 2019 would be 28s alright.

slower dc charging (50kw), but 33% bigger battery. Depending on the journey type Im getting up to 300km out of the 38 during the summer.

Really depends on the journeys if it's beneficial or not. During the week we drove from Ballinasloe to the zoo, then up to ikea and stuck it on the slow charger for the 2 hours we were there and got home with 30km range. The 28 would have needed a few minutes on a rapid charger.

But if it was a longer journey that requires multiple rapid charge sessions, the 28 might be quicker than the 38

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Soarer

Got my mechanic to swap out both speed sensors and do the gear reduction oil change. I supplied all the parts, and he charged €230 for the work.

I also bought a new 12V battery and installed that.

So the 2no. speed sensors cost €18 delivered, the 2 litres of Liqui Moly MTF cost €61 delivered, the battery was €102 and the labour was €230. Grand total of €411 to get the car running like it's new.

My sister got the speed sensors in her Tucson changed by the same fella the day before. She got genuine Hyundai ones for €50 odd each. Will be interesting to see how hers and mine last.

I'm still getting that strange "Check Electric Vehicle System" error when I turn on the heating. Doesn't matter if the a/c is on or not. Tested it today starting at 15 degrees, and the warning appeared at 25.5 degrees. Even though the little warning light appears (and stays) on the dash for a while, there's not error code stored with it. It doesn't affect the drive or the heating. Just annoying. And this never happened previously until I got the a/c regassed last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Borax2709

that's great value for the sensor replacement - think I spent more than that on just getting one of them replaced and still looking to do the gearbox oil change myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Soarer

Going back to my rogue error.
    Was quiet in work last night so connected my fault reader to the car while the engine was on and the error was up. Came up as some 3-way valve error. Couldn’t clear with the car running, so turned it off, turned ignition on, and was able to clear it.
    Car is error free now. Delighted.

Advertisement