Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh - thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If only there were a private seller selling a facelift Tesla with 6k spent on it who'd love an Ioniq in part ex!! Now where would you find one of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

ELM327 wrote: »
    If only there were a private seller selling a facelift Tesla with 6k spent on it who'd love an Ioniq in part ex!! Now where would you find one of those?

if you know of one let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

if you know of one let me know!

Ill take a stab at it... it's him. :D

Ill take a stab at it... it's him. :D

Oh it's like a teenage disco.... "is he going to ask me to dance? ! !" :D

Oh it's like a teenage disco.... "is he going to ask me to dance? ! !" :D
    Will ya shift my friend?:D:D

Yes it's me, to be honest I was fishing as I loved my Ioniq28 and would be happy to take one as trade in but I understand if you're not looking for a used S.

• Advertisement

Yes it's me, to be honest I was fishing as I loved my Ioniq28 and would be happy to take one as trade in but I understand if you're not looking for a used S.

I've DM'ed ya there for a private dance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CBD2

yes, I'd love to but

a.) would require selling ioniq privately, which is not easy in the current climate
    b.) would be a few K more expensive
    c.) you be exposed to no warranty concerns

What colour, mileage is your car. I've a work colleague actively looking for an Ioniq. He doesn't want black. What price region would you want.

CBD2 wrote: »
    What colour, mileage is your car. I've a work colleague actively looking for an Ioniq. He doesn't want black. What price region would you want.

here's a link . I'm negotiable on the price, but primarily because I want to shift it reasonably fast. If you go back 3 years on this forum you can read about me buying it from the UK (because of higher unavailable spec) and driving it back to Galway. Spolier: Nothing exciting happened.
    Milage is ~54k miles or 89k KM. State of Batt health is 100%

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

right Folks, especially though who have moved on from their Ioniqs. Please critique my brain here as I'm about to do something I hope I won't regret... which is as follows..

1. Sell my Ioniq
    2. Buy a 202 eSoul
    3. Pay slightly over €11k for the privilege

My thought process is as follows

REASON FOR GETTING RID OF IONIQ
    a. Depreciation will start to hit the Ioniq big time pretty quickly, especially because of the addition of newer cheaper, bigger cars.
    b. I've had the car 3 years - time for change
    c. I'll be doing more cross country driving and want to decrease charging stops.

REASON FOR CHOOSING ESOUL
    a. Big battery - range almost as good as Kona / eNiro - price is less
    b. Extremely good specs - better than Kona or eNiro. specifically electric seats/lumbar and harman kardon audio etc etc
    c. ID3 Life spec is not good enough
    d. can't afford a better spec id3 or id4, tesla 3 etc (and a 6 year old Model S is too much risk)
    e. Can't think of any other good alternatives (big range being important)

The only significant Con's are:
    a.) my wife thinks it's ugly but will still drive it
    b.) One of my daughters thinks its so ****ing ugly that she can't believe that this is not an April fools joke and says that she will not go anywhere in it (mixed blessing as far as I'm concerned)

So, am I right or wrong.... what am I missing?

For €11k cost of change I think that's a good move. eSoul a lot better looking in the wild

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Sorry Elm, found your car. Afraid that the milage is just a bit too high for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

slave1 wrote: »
    For €11k cost of change I think that's a good move. eSoul a lot better looking in the wild

If the car works for you, 11k to get an esoul (2020 reg?) Is pretty good. Lots of range, nice toys, and I like the looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CBD2

here's a link . I'm negotiable on the price, but primarily because I want to shift it reasonably fast. If you go back 3 years on this forum you can read about me buying it from the UK (because of higher unavailable spec) and driving it back to Galway. Spolier: Nothing exciting happened.
    Milage is ~54k miles or 89k KM. State of Batt health is 100%

Thanks. I'll make him aware and see what develops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I have a 64kw soul. nicest car I've ever had and my other is a bmw i3..
    Serious spec, realistic winter range of 350-370. Summer north of 400km.
    205bhp, don't put it in sport mode or even normal mode cos you'll have no front tires left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

RTÉ radio has now stopped broadcasting via DAB. I listen to RTÉ 1 and Lyric FM in the Ioniq. It defaults to DAB if a station is available on DAB and FM. This is now extremely annoying as RTÉ seems to have a default “no longer broadcasting” signal on DAB so the car now alternates between playing FM (with sound) and DAB (with silence). I know I can manually tune FM but then the preset stations aren’t available.

What’s the solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

ELM327 wrote:
    If only there were a private seller selling a facelift Tesla with 6k spent on it who'd love an Ioniq in part ex!!

Any interest in a 38kWh Ioniq ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ewj1978 wrote: »
    I have a 64kw soul

that's pretty slou

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

quenching wrote: »
    RTÉ radio has now stopped broadcasting via DAB. I listen to RTÉ 1 and Lyric FM in the Ioniq. It defaults to DAB if a station is available on DAB and FM. This is now extremely annoying as RTÉ seems to have a default “no longer broadcasting” signal on DAB so the car now alternates between playing FM (with sound) and DAB (with silence). I know I can manually tune FM but then the preset stations aren’t available.

What’s the solution?

My exact problem. It is driving me bananas !

So I bought a 202 esoul this morning. Cost of change is slightly more than planned (just under 12k) as I went for a different dealer, car and colour etc.
    Looking forward to it but will miss the brilliance and efficiency of the ioniq.
    Regarding specs, I'll loose some stuff, (Ventilated seats, Heated back seats (I think), and front parting sensors (I think) but will gain a HUD and more importantly a significantly better sound system.
    Buying the ioniq was the best car decision I ever made in terms of cost, efficiency, greenness and enjoyment. I will miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well wear! eSoul is very efficient too, but not so much on motorways. But you have a huge range now so no need to worry about it. And yeah a lot of us ex-Ioniq 28kWh owners are still very fond of that car, it really is a cracker that served us well and cost relatively very little.

unkel wrote:
    Well wear! eSoul is very efficient too, but not so much on motorways. But you have a huge range now so no need to worry about it. And yeah a lot of us ex-Ioniq 28kWh owners are still very fond of that car, it really is a cracker that served us well and cost relatively very little.

Yeah, I've spent the last couple of weeks going over loads of different options on abrp. I will be using it a lot on motorways, but only one route will require a stop, but all cars in my budget would require a stop. I recon the inefficiency of the car at motorway speeds will only cost me about 10-12 mins on a 5 hour drive compared to the alternatives eg kona, eniro etc.
    Speaking of which there are some seriously good discounts on 211 konas around the place

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So I bought a 202 esoul this morning. Cost of change is slightly more than planned (just under 12k) as I went for a different dealer, car and colour etc.
    Looking forward to it but will miss the brilliance and efficiency of the ioniq.
    Regarding specs, I'll loose some stuff, (Ventilated seats, Heated back seats (I think), and front parting sensors (I think) but will gain a HUD and more importantly a significantly better sound system.
    Buying the ioniq was the best car decision I ever made in terms of cost, efficiency, greenness and enjoyment. I will miss it.

Well wear. Look out for the cost of the 45000km service on the kias though :P

The ioniq 28kwh contingent on here is seriously dwindling now.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well wear. Look out for the cost of the 45000km service on the kias though :P

The ioniq 28kwh contingent on here is seriously dwindling now.

Sure is. We're all leaving teary eyed. Great car.

It was/is a great EV.
    I miss mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭zg3409

quenching wrote: »

What’s the solution?

Happened to me too this week. There is a tick box option "auto switch DAB FM" untick this and welcome to the future...

I can't remember if its on the general settings menu or under the radio screen but I changed it on the motorway so can't be that difficult!

Sure is. We're all leaving teary eyed. Great car.

We should go back a year or two, to the last time the owner table was updated and add a column to find out what everyone is driving now

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭turnfan

I'll have mine for another 8 years - otherwise all the man maths that went into the original purchase decision would have been for nothing! :D

turnfan wrote:
    I'll have mine for another 8 years - otherwise all the man maths that went into the original purchase decision would have been for nothing!

You need to acidentally on purpose delete your spreadsheet --- problem solved :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

zg3409 wrote: »
    Happened to me too this week. There is a tick box option "auto switch DAB FM" untick this and welcome to the future...

I can't remember if its on the general settings menu or under the radio screen but I changed it on the motorway so can't be that difficult!

I’m sure I looked everywhere for this setting and couldn’t find it as I saw it mentioned on a Kia Niro thread. However, the problem has fixed itself anyway as RTÉ seem to have stopped broadcasting “nothing” on DAB, just doesn’t seem to exist anymore!

I'll take a photo of the setting next time I'm in the car. I'm pretty sure you go into radio, then settings up top right, and it's on the first menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭zg3409

I'll take a photo of the setting next time I'm in the car. I'm pretty sure you go into radio, then settings up top right, and it's on the first menu.

Yes, press radio button. Then menu near top right and DAB/FM is tickbox at the bottom.

Advertisement