Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods lost my item and will not refund me

Options
  • 31-01-2021 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So we bought some furniture from Littlewoods to furnish a room in our new home which cost a total of €300 which was paid for by my father in law on his debit card as he wanted to give us a moving in present. It was ordered in plenty of time to be delivered to our old address.

Littlewoods have taken so long to deliver we have now moved from that address and the old house is now empty. We don't have access to it anymore.

We contacted Littlewoods to let them know and after repeated calls they finally change the address however and the item had left the warehouse I suspect its to late to change the shipping address.

We now no longer want the furniture and want a refund.

So after tracking it from their webpage we get this>>>>

27 January, 2021 10:24:00 Please contact us to make delivery arrangements
    27 January, 2021 10:24:00 Unable to deliver unable to locate property
    21 January, 2021 12:48:26 Available to deliver
    21 January, 2021 12:48:25 Loaded onto van WIGAN HUB
    21 January, 2021 09:42:25 Received at DHL
    18 January, 2021 14:17:23 Despatched from WIGAN HUB
    18 January, 2021 10:46:08 Received at WIGAN HUB
    16 January, 2021 19:23:52 Order being processed at warehouse

I emailed DHL and got no response.

So I suspect either the gap between 21st and 27th was transport to Ireland or as the tracking locations ends I suspect DHL tried to deliver it to an address in Wigan, UK and sat on it for 6 days.

Littlewoods customer support is terrible. They refuse to refund as its lost and ask us to return the item when we receive it for a refund. Now I've tried explaining to them that the item is lost in Wigan and they cannot find the address but they insist this tracking info is wrong on their site. When asked to confirm the delivery address they didn't know it and when asked for a DHL tracking number they either wouldn't give it to me or didn't know it.

What are my options here? I'd hate to have to get my father in law to issue a chargeback as I don't want to cause him the hassle. I would just like DHL to rts it and get a refund.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

smogzy wrote: »
    So we bought some furniture from Littlewoods to furnish a room in our new home which cost a total of €300 which was paid for by my father in law on his debit card as he wanted to give us a moving in present. It was ordered in plenty of time to be delivered to our old address.

Littlewoods have taken so long to deliver we have now moved from that address and the old house is now empty. We don't have access to it anymore.

We contacted Littlewoods to let them know and after repeated calls they finally change the address however and the item had left the warehouse I suspect its to late to change the shipping address.

So I suspect either the gap between 21st and 27th was transport to Ireland or as the tracking locations ends I suspect DHL tried to deliver it to an address in Wigan, UK and sat on it for 6 days.

Littlewoods customer support is terrible. They refuse to refund as its lost and ask us to return the item when we receive it for a refund. Now I've tried explaining to them that the item is lost in Wigan and they cannot find the address but they insist this tracking info is wrong on their site. When asked to confirm the delivery address they didn't know it and when asked for a DHL tracking number they either wouldn't give it to me or didn't know it.

What are my options here? I'd hate to have to get my father in law to issue a chargeback as I don't want to cause him the hassle. I would just like DHL to rts it and get a refund.

Where are you living and what date did you place the order initially on? From above it seems it’s only been 10 working days since it was dispatched .. which for furniture on littlewoods would be normal, add in current delays with brexit and I’d imagine it’s on route? How do you know the item is lost in Wigan? I think there is a sorting center there? Or are you living in England and expected it quicker? Tracking is fairly clear that they have your furniture, and are awaiting delivery instructions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It sounds like they have realised you are no longer at your previous address and are looking for you to make contact to complete the delivery? The stuff is probably at your local depot at the moment.

For what it’s worth I think it’s extremely unreasonable and unrealistic to expect furniture to be delivered from the UK within 8 working days (16th to 27th) during normal times, let alone with covid and Brexit.

I don’t think you have a leg to stand on and I don’t think you can demand a refund because you moved house just a few days after you placed the order.
    Also, sufficient time to confirm that the parcel is indeed missing or lost hasn’t passed yet, that usually it takes a few weeks to confirm this before they’ll issue a refund.
    They aren’t going to do that after just two weeks.
    For what it’s worth, stuff I’ve recently ordered has taken anything from 4 days to a month to arrive. That’s just how it is at the moment.

They will have paid expensive shipping fees to have your order shipped from the UK, so I don’t think you’ll be entitled to a full refund when it isn’t their problem that you moved house before it was delivered and no longer want the furniture.
    They should not have to incur costs because of that, and to be honest, I think that’s fair.

I would contact your local depot or use the support feature on the courier website and see if you can rearrange delivery with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

gogo wrote: »
    Where are you living and what date did you place the order initially on? From above it seems it’s only been 10 working days since it was dispatched .. which for furniture on littlewoods would be normal, add in current delays with brexit and I’d imagine it’s on route? How do you know the item is lost in Wigan? I think there is a sorting center there? Or are you living in England and expected it quicker? Tracking is fairly clear that they have your furniture, and are awaiting delivery instructions?
    SusieBlue wrote: »
    It sounds like they have realised you are no longer at your previous address and are looking for you to make contact to complete the delivery? The stuff is probably at your local depot at the moment.

For what it’s worth I think it’s extremely unreasonable and unrealistic to expect furniture to be delivered from the UK within 8 working days (16th to 27th) during normal times, let alone with covid and Brexit.

I don’t think you have a leg to stand on and I don’t think you can demand a refund because you moved house just a few days after you placed the order.
    Also, sufficient time to confirm that the parcel is indeed missing or lost hasn’t passed yet, that usually it takes a few weeks to confirm this before they’ll issue a refund.
    They aren’t going to do that after just two weeks.
    For what it’s worth, stuff I’ve recently ordered has taken anything from 4 days to a month to arrive. That’s just how it is at the moment.

They will have paid expensive shipping fees to have your order shipped from the UK, so I don’t think you’ll be entitled to a full refund when it isn’t their problem that you moved house before it was delivered and no longer want the furniture.
    They should not have to incur costs because of that, and to be honest, I think that’s fair.

I would contact your local depot or use the support feature on the courier website and see if you can rearrange delivery with them.

Brexit isn’t helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 smogzy

Living in Ireland and was ordered on 11/01, estimated delivery date was on the 27th, before we moved. As I mentioned I suspect its either been sent out for delivery in Wigan, UK or routed from Wigan to Ireland (6 days to do that). However it has not been tracked in Ireland at all.

Littlewoods are saying that the tracking is wrong (which I doubt) and I've contacted DHL but got nothing back as I suspect they can't help without a tracking number. Littlewoods either don't know or will not give me a tracking number.

Littlewoods have free returns and refunds under 14 day cooling off for whatever the reason, it isn't an issue of being fair, it's Littlewoods not giving me any information or assistance to get the issue sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

You were extremely optimistic about the estimated delivery date, it’s all over there website & Twitter that they are experiencing massive delays and have been since the 31st Dec. Littlewoods furniture has always been delivered from the Uk.. and you took that chance ordering on the 11th January when the whole country is talking about the delays with brexit.
    You can return and seek a refund under distance selling guidelines .... but you have to wait for it to be delivered first, there is no indication anywhere that your item is lost. As I said they there is a sorting center in Wigan, that’s why it’s showing as being there. You really need to give them a chance to deliver first.. sounds more like a case that you’ve changed your mind to be honest op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Living in Ireland and was ordered on 11/01, estimated delivery date was on the 27th, before we moved. As I mentioned I suspect its either been sent out for delivery in Wigan, UK or routed from Wigan to Ireland (6 days to do that). However it has not been tracked in Ireland at all.

If it is the the 27th Jan that you were expecting delivery, that's only Wednesday, it's a bit early to be claiming that it's lost. Delayed yes, but not necessarily lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I agree with the other sentiments. The UK is a disaster at present. I wouldnt be surprised if it is stuck at customs. I think you are jumping the gun here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Don't email DHL, I've always found them slow to respond. Ring the Dublin number and get the parcel redirected, or cancelled if you want.

Advertisement