Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Hyundai Tucson 2021

• 01-02-2021 6:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I am looking for your opinion on Tucson 2021. If you have it already can you please share your views on this car.
    I am interested in 1.6L Hybrid Petrol.

1. What's the ride like?

2. What mileage do you get in city and highway?

3. In general what's their 5 year warranty like? And in case of issue with the car, do they provide a replacement car?

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Has this model arrived in ireland yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Yes, seen few already on the roads.
    smurfjed wrote: »

I am considering this option.

https://www.hyundai.ie/all-new-tucson/specs.html

All-New Tucson 2WD Executive PLUS HEV Auto 1.6 Hybrid €200 €41,345

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

If you want a rank looking SUV a Duster is the one to get...

I will have a look now.
    Truckermal wrote: »
    If you want a rank looking SUV a Duster is the one to get...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The Tucson and the Duster are in different class. The Tucson is higher up it's much classier.
    The Duster is not a bad car but it is just not in the same class. It has hard touch plastics and a simpler dash design.
    The Tucson is now the king of SUVs in its class. It is even a class above its Cousin the Kia Sportage which are very classy these days. Just seen the Dads Sportage this morning. It had beige with some black and lots if chrome. It was very classly done.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Getting in touch with Hyundai Dealer to see if I can view the car. I know due to covid test drive may not be possible.
    AMKC wrote: »
    The Tucson and the Duster are in different class. The Tucson is higher up it's much classier.
    The Duster is not a bad car but it is just not in the same class. It has hard touch plastics and a simpler dash design.
    The Tucson is now the king of SUVs in its class. It is even a class above its Cousin the Kia Sportage which are very classy these days. Just seen the Dads Sportage this morning. It had beige with some black and lots if chrome. It was very classly done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

Picking one up for a test this week - let me know if you want anything specific photographed etc

That would be amazing if you could take interior pictures and let me know your views on the engine.
    Thanks!
    MarkN wrote: »
    Picking one up for a test this week - let me know if you want anything specific photographed etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Are you Leo Varadkar? you seem obsessed with class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Are you Leo Varadkar? you seem obsessed with class!

Lol no not at all lol. Why is he? I thought he was a good Taoiseach. It's true do. The Duster is a good car and I know a couple of people with them but I was very dissapointed that no soft touch inside anywhere at all.
    Maybe in the next generation.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Just checked Duster. Not my type and going for Tucson test drive today. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Yeh Duster wouldn't be a good comparison. Peugeot 3008 or Ford Kuga would be the more common hybrid alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, are you looking at a plug in hybrid or self charging hybrid Tuscon?

You were previously looking at diesel only due to your daily mileage, has that changed now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Just checked Duster. Not my type and going for Tucson test drive today. :D

Surprised that is possible. Click and collect test drive?
    There are people on other threads worried about being allowed visit the garage to collect their new car.

There is no plug in hybrid Tucson. So I checked out Petrol 1.6L hybrid today and very happy with it.

Re: daily commute, its unsure at the moment, but I checked the mileage is pretty good this car.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    OP, are you looking at a plug in hybrid or self charging hybrid Tuscon?

You were previously looking at diesel only due to your daily mileage, has that changed now?

It was arranged by phone and I collected it at the dealer. I was allowed to take the car away for 30 min, I took pictures which I will upload now for you all.
    carsfan2 wrote: »
    Surprised that is possible. Click and collect test drive?
    There are people on other threads worried about being allowed visit the garage to collect their new car.

Pictures from Hyundai Tucson 2021 Hybrid:

20210201-205542.jpg
    20210201-155359.jpg
    20210201-155353.jpg
    20210201-154437.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Fine looking car. Very modern and I like that colour. I have seen a lot of 211 Tucson’s on the road.
    How much for the 1.6 hybrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Whats the story with the key? Old fashioned non push start?

• Advertisement

I got quote for Tucson Executive Plus Hybrid (their top model) €44,500. This includes €900 to get electric tail gate. Hyundai missed this simple yet very convenient aspect.

Executive plus has keyless entry, start/stop button, start the engine using car key, 2x 10.25" screens, 19"alloys, etc.
    Very comfy drive and excellent pick up, boosted by an electric motor.
    I am seriously considering to buy this car!
    carsfan2 wrote: »
    Fine looking car. Very modern and I like that colour. I have seen a lot of 211 Tucson’s on the road.
    How much for the 1.6 hybrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

The outside of both cars is also hard metal. I'll add that to the list of things I never touch when in a car.

Is it really that much of an issue to have a hard touch plastic on something you never touch. Maybe I'm driving my car wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Whats the story with the steering wheel? That extra 'bar' across the bottom is weird.
    Lovely car tho, thanks for the pictures.
    It'll sell by the bucket load and you can see why.

I got quote for Tucson Executive Plus Hybrid (their top model) €44,500. .........

Is this a full hybrid but non plug in like Toyota & Lexus?
    220bhp or something?
    Looks a fine car and carmagazine.co.uk "Our tests of the full HEV gleaned fuel economy results between 39mpg and 48mpg"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

There's a fella in work with one, has only around 1000kms on it so far but it's averaging 8.4 l/100km which is heavy enough. Maybe he's driving like a madman but I wouldn't think so.

To get decent l/100km an adjustment in driving style is required.......... when slowing down foot off the accelerator isn't as beneficial as also light use of brake pedal to let regenerative braking do it's thing.
    Just driving normally like you'd do in a full ICE won't yield the best economy figures. Heavy (relative to what you'd do in a full ICE when driving with efficiency in mind) use of the accelerator to get to required speed is also recommended funnily enough. Some of it isn't at all intuitive :)

Yes, the pictures I have posted is from full hybrid, which includes electric motor + lithium battery to give a total power of 230 BHP. Hyundai are also selling Mild Hybrid in Diesel version.

Mileage is around 6L/100 km mixed. :)
    Augeo wrote: »
    Is this a full hybrid but non plug in like Toyota & Lexus?
    220bhp or something?
    Looks a fine car and carmagazine.co.uk "Our tests of the full HEV gleaned fuel economy results between 39mpg and 48mpg"

Does he have petrol hybrid version?

Yesterday during the test drive the car was showing 7.2L/100 km but i was revving the car to the max :o
    There's a fella in work with one, has only around 1000kms on it so far but it's averaging 8.4 l/100km which is heavy enough. Maybe he's driving like a madman but I wouldn't think so.

Could you share a video please? I would like to learn how to use this full hybrid at it's maximum potential (in terms of economy).

We didn't like RAV4, so most likely we will finalize this new Tucson :D
    Augeo wrote: »
    To get decent l/100km an adjustment in driving style is required.......... when slowing down foot off the accelerator isn't as beneficial as also light use of brake pedal to let regenerative braking do it's thing.
    Just driving normally like you'd do in a full ICE won't yield the best economy figures. Heavy (relative to what you'd do in a full ICE when driving with efficiency in mind) use of the accelerator to get to required speed is also recommended funnily enough. Some of it isn't at all intuitive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d be a little sceptical about the claimed economy.
    Irish times got 8l/100km on their test for example.

I did review this particular article and the end they wrote:
    Our verdict: Hyundai’s best car so far :)
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’d be a little sceptical about the claimed economy.
    Irish times got 8l/100km on their test for example.

Wasn't a big fan of the existing model but this looks fab inside and out and will satisfy all suv customers existing and carve market share. Well done hyundai.

Could you share a video please? I would like to learn how to use this full hybrid at it's maximum potential (in terms of economy)...........

No video to share, that was stuff I read over the years and my Dad has an is300h that I've driven a fair bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My parents will be picking one up fairly soon. They are extremely happy with both previous Tucson’s ... the latest one an executive model. Seriously comfy, spacious, enjoyable to drive and with every feature you’d wish for...including the heated seats which seconds after turning on have you completely enveloped in pure warmth and comfort..brilliant on a February morning....great looking, comfy, warm and superbly nicely designed interior.

the satnav/LCD/multimedia display is excellent too... you can see why the car has been mopping up awards left right and center and selling like crazy..

New one looks, seems and sounds like an improvement again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I did review this particular article and the end they wrote:
    Our verdict: Hyundai’s best car so far :)
    Pretty low bar though :D

My point is that you seek to be counting economy as a factor in changing car, so as long as you’re happy with less than the claimed mpg then that’s ok.
    I’m sure your Merc does 4l/100km on paper.

• Advertisement

Just finalized the deal on Tucson Hybrid Exective Plus with an eletric tail gate. Happy days!!
    It will arrive in the next 2 weeks.

Seeing 6L/100kms on the Tucson petrol hybrid so far covering the M50.

Delighted to see this.

Are you cruising at 120 kmph?
    MarkN wrote: »
    Seeing 6L/100kms on the Tucson petrol hybrid so far covering the M50.

120. Now driving around locally and it’s still 6L. Only day one but I’ll keep an eye.

74-BC378-E-0458-491-D-92-B1-836-A34642-B0-E.jpg
    71-D477-ED-9043-4-FD2-9456-D757-D1-D42393.jpg
    521-E5188-91-A1-4-E96-B19-F-3-A5-B17146-DEE.jpg
    198-F7211-EE3-B-46-B9-9080-D3708-E356-B36.jpg
    22-D44-B17-CA82-4-BAA-B64-E-FF8-E9-A0-AD9-CD.jpg
    A3-ECFA72-8-D88-4-A83-A75-A-8-C52-AA850-A7-C.jpg
    BAAC885-D-92-A1-448-E-B543-FA2-E7-AA3-D2-B7.jpg
    6-F560-CFC-1318-4820-A666-374133-A179-D9.jpg
    9-E22-D48-A-C495-4-AC3-9412-2-CD02-B2-F8189.jpg
    73-A82-A92-95-D6-44-F7-A53-C-6-CF4-A65-DDD45.jpg
    D2767666-4-D52-45-AC-AAFA-E5650065-D16-B.jpg
    67-C2-E947-07-B9-4-D37-B09-E-1-B61-B6-BDA9-FD.jpg
    68-F5-D6-C7-C0-A3-461-D-B8-C0-AA61-FE61-B61-A.jpg
    5-C7-C622-A-5162-45-E1-AB19-0-E564-C86-D2-F7.jpg
    anonymous photo sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nice looking unit.

Wouldn't avoid silver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

smurfjed wrote: »

I saw one in Mallow yesterday so they have arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

20210201-205542.jpg
    20210201-155359.jpg
    20210201-155353.jpg
    20210201-154437.jpg

A truly horrible yoke but that’s my opinion.

I’m liking it.. I think it’s very nicely designed, looks stylish and comfortable...

Thanks MarkN.

Lovely car, I am loving it. I have the same Executive Plus ordered in dark knight colour.

I’m not as much of a fan of the lighter interior, it’s nice, but personally...darker... 1000%. Beautiful looking car, inside (darker) and outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

G
    Dakota Dan wrote: »
    A truly horrible yoke but that’s my opinion.

I have passed a few and think is absolutely hideous. It looks like it has a lot of design features just for the sake of design and I think it will age very badly as a result. Hyundai are making better looking cars like the new i30 but a Peugeot 3008/5008 or Skoda Kodak would be much better to my ignorant eyes!
    The previous model was a far better design if a bit bland. The new interior looks a lot better though.
    It really doesn’t matter what I think as I’m not the target audience for it and it is bound to be the best selling car in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭dave oc

Have a specific question if someone with the car can answer: does the Executive Plus Hybrid have Wireless Carplay? By this I mean no cable needs to be connected to the phone for Carplay.

From the spec page on their site it seems to state that only the lower spec'd Executive has it?? (Exec has an 8" screen where the Exec Plus has a 10" screen). Bit strange for this to be missing from the top spec version.

I have the same question, I hope its a typo error on their website.

I will have the executive plus model by 15 Feb.
    dave oc wrote: »
    Have a specific question if someone with the car can answer: does the Executive Plus Hybrid have Wireless Carplay? By this I mean no cable needs to be connected to the phone for Carplay.

From the spec page on their site it seems to state that only the lower spec'd Executive has it?? (Exec has an 8" screen where the Exec Plus has a 10" screen). Bit strange for this to be missing from the top spec version.

It would be very unlikely that a higher specced model loses some functionality. That's no guarantee of course. I would check with dealer for them to confirm.

dave oc wrote: »
    does the Executive Plus Hybrid have Wireless Carplay? By this I mean no cable needs to be connected to the phone for Carplay.

You can see the play button for it in the image I posted and I'm driving an Exec plus. It is greyed out as no cable connected.

71-D477-ED-9043-4-FD2-9456-D757-D1-D42393.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement