Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVC for public sector

• 01-02-2021 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm helping my wife setup an AVC to supplement her public service pension (post 2013). Via her union she was put in touch with Cornmarket who have a pension with a management fee of 1% and a one off broker fee of €595. That seems a lot for such a large group scheme? Has anyone any experience with AVC/PRSA and how the fees compare?

Thanks
    Beau

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,234 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Do you or she need financial advice, or do you know what you're doing?

If you know what you want, try https://www.labrokers.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

This has often been discussed here and on AAM.

Search for threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Check the scheme rules. I did and my wife's scheme rules said that Irish Life Trustees managed the AVCs so we contacted them and got her set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Check the scheme rules. I did and my wife's scheme rules said that Irish Life Trustees managed the AVCs so we contacted them and got her set up

Doesn't mean you have to go with Irish Life (who own Cornmarket).

Advertisement