Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avant Mortgages

• 01-02-2021 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm coming to end of our fixed rate with Ulster Bank and have been looking around at new fixed rates

I've come across Avant Mortgages who entered mortgage market here a few months ago. 2.1% compared to 2.2%. Not a huge difference but be nicer to have money in my pocket than the banks

Has anyone any experience with Avant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

I'm in the process of switching to Avant from AIB so haven't really had much experience yet.

Can't imagine it would be really worth your time as they don't have any offers which cover costs etc. Plus you can only overpay 1% per annum with Avant without being hit with a fee which is less than Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

very valid points, completely forgot about additional costs such as solicitors

Thanks Alvin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Green Mile

Has anyone applied for a mortgage via Avant Mortgages?
    I’m just wondering how long their Mortgage Approval lasts for?
    Standard banks AIP lasts for 6 months or more.

Advertisement