Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aprilia RST1000 Futura. Anyone had one or know anything about them?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I had this same dilemma some years ago. And since then have had a VFR800Fi-X as a daily driver and not an Aprilia but a Ducati ST4s.

I test rode a Falco, as I couldn't get my hands on a Futura, but always liked them.

As the Mille, Falco and Futura essentially had the same engines and running gear, there are a few common foibles that should all be well sorted by now, such as ****e charging leads, etc. They are all a bit different, all engaging.

They are all good bikes, with great engines and top drawer stuff such as Showa front, Sachs/Ohlins rear etc. Unless well looked after, they will all be tired by now.

If you want something different, Aprilia isn't a bad shout. No worse or better than any Japanese brand.

Driving a big v twin as a daily has some issues, such as low speed running, a tendency to hunt on a part throttle at low revs, but apart from that, there isn't much to complain about.

Outside town, two gears will take you through all that's legal.

I'd say go for the big twin, especially if you have never had one before. A V-four is great, and sounds lovely, but unless you thrash it, it is very dull in delivery. I also drove a very special VF1000 for three years, so I have a fair frame of reference. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Aye, that's sort of the best of all worlds.

Buy the Falco, get the swingarm from an RSV, and a Hagon shock.

It's meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm not gone on the looks of the falco. I'm at a weird stage where I need to think it's cool. Bizarrely I think the Futura is cool! I have weird tastes!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

blade1 wrote: »

Lol, I don't believe it, there's actually one for sale in Ireland :eek:

Advertisement