Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 2.4 €59 in Carphone Warehouse B&M when you port to Vodafone

• 01-02-2021 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Like the thread title says. Spotted it this morning. You'll need a 20 top-up too. Good deal as it's at least 99 everywhere else... 129 in Tesco.

Comments

Nokia 3.4 direct from Vodafone for €20 more when porting is much better value. And you don't need to buy the €20 credit so it works out at the same price if you have no use for the credit.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/nokia/3_4.html?gallery=payg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Nokia 3.4 direct from Vodafone for €20 more when porting is much better value. And you don't need to buy the €20 credit so it works out at the same price if you have no use for the credit.

Did you ever try to buy from vodafone.ie? :pac: I talking about tangible deals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

carbsy wrote: »

Yes, arrived just today.

grogi wrote: »
    Yes, arrived just today.

Well you're one of the lucky ones. This is a B&M alert...

Not really ->> https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Nokia-3.4,Nokia-2.4/phones/11497,11514

• Advertisement

Yes. I bought a Pixel 3a and a Galaxy A21s a few months ago.

I'd imagine you can get the 3.4 for the same deal in CW so I wouldn't ever get the 2.4 for such a relatively small saving.

Yes. I bought a Pixel 3a and a Galaxy A21s a few months ago.

I'd imagine you can get the 3.4 for the same deal in CW so I wouldn't ever get the 2.4 for such a relatively small saving.

Nope. They don't even stock the 3.4 so please stop posting unless it's to do with the B&M BA.

Better processor, more RAM, better cameras, more cameras, USB-C, gyroscope...

Nope. They don't even stock the 3.4 so please stop posting unless it's to do with the B&M BA.

Ehm I can post better alternatives if I please, especially when we're not supposed to be doing non-essential shopping. Thank you for asking.

Besides, if CW stores are open then I assume Vodafone stores are open too.

Edit: Yes they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭chonix

Nokia 2.4 vs 3.4 has some differences in there.
    Processor is better on 3.4 (how close is a Mediatek to a Snapdragon?: https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/qualcomm-snapdragon-460-vs-mediatek-helio-p22 nowhere near)
    RAM is 3gb vs 2gb, and that makes phone snappier
    3 cameras vs 2 cameras
    3.4 seems to have gyroscope
    also 32 Gb vs 64 gb storage right off the bat (check vodafone.ie page on both phones)

So, yeah, 3.4 is better value

• Advertisement

Ehm I can post better alternatives if I please, especially when we're not supposed to be doing non-essential shopping. Thank you for asking.

Besides, if CW stores are open then I assume Vodafone stores are open too.

Give me a B&M alternative for 59 quid then and stop assuming ya pompous ass.

Give me a B&M alternative for 59 quid then and stop assuming ya pompus ass.

Reported.

And I already have given a better B&M deal.

Reported.

And I already have listed a better deal.

I posted this for people who basically can't afford to spend anything more than was I said in thread title ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Give me a B&M alternative for 59 quid then and stop assuming ya pompous ass.

Why are you so fixed on BnM? You're discussing it in the web, so don't understand that hatred

I posted this for people how basically can't afford to spend anything more than was I said in thread title ffs.

That's great but not how bargain alerts works. If someone posted a deal for an iPhone 10 for €700 it's perfectly fine for someone to point out to a deal for an iPhone 11 for €750. Most people who can afford a €59 phone would like to be made aware that they can get a better model for a small bit more (or possibly the same price if bought online).

Your name-calling is unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Bargain seen and heard. I'm shutting this down.
    And no more backseat modding please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement