Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heart rate monitor

• 01-02-2021 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks :)
    I'm looking to get a heart rate monitor chest strap to go with my old garmin FR230 ...Can any of you recommend anything decent? I was looking at the Garmin HRM-Dual Heart Rate Monitor but it seems to suffer from drop outs?
    Any advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭CJay1

I use the Garmin Dual HRM and have never had any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sav1

I use a HRM Tri and have not had any problems with them.
    The first i used for 2 years but I lost it so not a problem with the technology just the human interface:mad:
    I find them very comfortable to use.
    There is the HRM pro which i coming in at the same price from Garmin might be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

I have the Garmin HRM Run and no issues with it. Used it originally with a Garmin FR235 and now an FR245.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Howdy folks :)
    I'm looking to get a heart rate monitor chest strap to go with my old garmin FR230 ...Can any of you recommend anything decent? I was looking at the Garmin HRM-Dual Heart Rate Monitor but it seems to suffer from drop outs?
    Any advice welcome

Just took delivery of a Polar H9 HRM this morning. Tried it on a 5k run and seems to perform well, paired with the Garmin 645 in seconds and the strap is very comfortable to wear. I did have a Garmin Dual and had no issues until I tried to change the battery which was a disaster as the screws on the battery compartment are really tiny and unless you have the precise mini phillips screwdriver you will struggle because they are very soft and I managed to destroy one screw head and made the unit useless. In fairness to Garmin they offered a replacement with no quibble, just a pity their email arrived soon after I had ordered the Polar.:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

OK thanks all for the replies. Garmin on the way from bike24

• Advertisement
Advertisement