Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Kinahan BBC Panorama 01/02/2021 9pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i wonder does his father Christy approve of all this boxing shenanigans ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Boxing was the downfall in the end . It really looks like the final chapter is coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

unplayable wrote: »
    nicola tallant said a few months ago on the last stand that kinahen is holed up in dubai in a compound with ex special services guys protecting him. the monk would kill him if anyone knew where he was and you want a journalist to fly to one of the most corrupt countries and try and find him and knock on the compound door is it. i dont think so. they did as good as a job as they could imo.

Im sure he comes out of his home at some stage and the Monk is hardly any threat to him in Dubai. The journalist McIntyre in the documentary went to Dublin, Spain and New York to film it, the one place he didnt go was Dubai to film the very subject of the documentary. Not sure why that was but you would have at least expected him to try. Instead he went and doorstepped the CEO of MTK in some rural town in the US but he wasnt allowed to film it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

mick987 wrote: »
    Terry Marsh. .

I remember a joke going on around that time.

What Boxer famously said " If I had a couple more rounds, I would have killed that fooker"

Answer........Terry Marsh :P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im sure he comes out of his home at some stage and the Monk is hardly any threat to him in Dubai. The journalist McIntyre in the documentary went to Dublin, Spain and New York to film it, the one place he didnt go was Dubai to film the very subject of the documentary. Not sure why that was but you would have at least expected him to try. Instead he went and doorstepped the CEO of MTK in some rural town in the US but he wasnt allowed to film it.
    Dubai is not going to allowed such filming of a drug dealer take place the reporters would be locked up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mr.burgess

fryup wrote: »
    i wonder does his father Christy approve of all this boxing shenanigans ?

by this stage it looks like he doesnt listen to his father he should never handed him the reigns

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    Dubai is not going to allowed such filming of a drug dealer take place the reporters would be locked up

Theyre not stupid enough to lock up a BBC journalist and spark a diplomatic incident with the UK. They might tell them to not film but imprisoning a BBC journalist just wouldnt happen. Sheikh Maktoum has been friends with the Queen for over 20 years. They trade horses and he sponsors one of her races at Royal Ascot every year, shes been photographed with him in the Royal Box. Hes not going to jeopardise that relationship with the UK by locking up a British journalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

Theyre not stupid enough to lock up a BBC journalist and spark a diplomatic incident with the UK. They might tell them to not film but imprisoning a BBC journalist just wouldnt happen. Sheikh Maktoum has been friends with the Queen for over 20 years. They trade horses and he sponsors one of her races at Royal Ascot every year, shes been photographed with him in the Royal Box. Hes not going to jeopardise that relationship with the UK by locking up a British journalist.

Are the UK government and the Royals all that close with the BBC

I'm thinking they're not

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Out of interest, does anyone know if Daniel Kinihane has ever been convicted of a crime in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

unplayable wrote: »
    nicola tallant said a few months ago on the last stand that kinahen is holed up in dubai in a compound with ex special services guys protecting him. the monk would kill him if anyone knew where he was and you want a journalist to fly to one of the most corrupt countries and try and find him and knock on the compound door is it. i dont think so. they did as good as a job as they could imo.

" the monk would kill him "

The monk is a shop lifter compared to DK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Out of interest, does anyone know if Daniel Kinihane has ever been convicted of a crime in Ireland?

he has no convictions anywhere i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

He has not. He was arrested in Spain but not convicted of anything. I recommend people head over to the Gangland thread for more inside information. Granted they don't always talk about Daniel Kinahan and it can be a bit hit and miss at times but I've discovered a lot of interesting insights into the whole Cartel operators.

Malcomex wrote: »
    Are the UK government and the Royals all that close with the BBC

I'm thinking they're not

Its not about how close they are with the BBC, the UK and the UAE are military and political allies and allies dont lock up journalists from a friendly nation because it would spark a diplomatic incident. The same BBC Panorama team had a journalist tracking MBS in Saudi for over two years to make a documentary on the killing of Jamal Khalashoggi. He filmed in Saudi but never got locked up because even MBS knows doing so would go down like a lead balloon with his allies. He can do what he likes to his own citizens but imprisoning a journalist from a friendly nation would be crossing a line.

It is illegal to film anyone without their permission in Dubai, I am sure it is a rule the Kinshans are thankful for
    https://lovin.co/dubai/en/news/recording-a-video-of-someone-without-their-consent-can-land-serious-charges

he has no convictions anywhere i believe

If it’s true then It’s interesting that the mainstream media here still refer to him in the terms that they do considering he has no convictions, there could be the makings of a liable case there somewhere.

Does it say as much about the ability of the Gardai that he has no convictions as anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Im melting away

If it’s true then It’s interesting that the mainstream media here still refer to him in the terms that they do considering he has no convictions, there could be the makings of a liable case there somewhere.

Does it say as much about the ability of the Gardai that he has no convictions as anything else.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OldGanglandEire/status/1290389036763426816

He has insulated himself from prosecution, threw money,fear and his father.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so who was the guy in drag photographed running from the regency that day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Im melting away

They say it was this guy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/patrick-hutch-shot-leg-top-14039265.amp

He trial collapsed, because of emails discovery from the prosecution and the lead detective killing himself in ballymun Garda station.

Out of hundreds of guards only 2 could positively identify lady in drag as the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Frank/Kelly Maloney.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mick987

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Frank/Kelly Maloney.
    :)

Like it

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

All the media is saying is that he is recognised as a leader of a gang known as the Kinahan Organised Crime Group, who are leaders in drug trafficking and executions.

That’s all on the record in the High Court.

Faugheen wrote: »
    All the media is saying is that he is recognised as a leader of a gang known as the Kinahan Organised Crime Group, who are leaders in drug trafficking and executions.

That’s all on the record in the High Court.

That’s all well and good being on the record in court, but it’s an opinion put forward by somebody.
    I’m not doubting or questioning the accuracy of that opinion, only pointing out that he’s not actually convicted of any crime apparently, and I think it makes the Irish authorities look like fools that they want a person with no convictions to be somehow sanctioned in a foreign country.

Maybe the French have the right attitude they way they are treating Ian Bailey, convict him in his absence and then seek his extradition upon which a new trial can be had with him in attendance. Maybe they need to convict DK in his absence to add validation to the position the Irish authorities have taken on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

There is no extradition treaty with Dubai .. so having a conviction her wouldn’t equate to being able to get Dubai to ship him home.

We don’t have a treaty in place as we would have to be willing to ship in the opposite direction if Dubai made an application and it wouldn’t be really appealing to support the authorities in Dubai with some of their legal cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Mr.burgess wrote: »
    by this stage it looks like he doesnt listen to his father he should never handed him the reigns

He was used by Christy (like everybody else) to take the heat and give Dapper a quite life in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

That’s all well and good being on the record in court, but it’s an opinion put forward by somebody.
    I’m not doubting or questioning the accuracy of that opinion, only pointing out that he’s not actually convicted of any crime apparently, and I think it makes the Irish authorities look like fools that they want a person with no convictions to be somehow sanctioned in a foreign country.

Maybe the French have the right attitude they way they are treating Ian Bailey, convict him in his absence and then seek his extradition upon which a new trial can be had with him in attendance. Maybe they need to convict DK in his absence to add validation to the position the Irish authorities have taken on him.

If the allegations didn’t have any substance he should sue them for damage to his reputation....to...ahem, keep his good reputation!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

one cant film in dubai

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Rumour has it that the guy shot in Belfast last night is Barry Mcguigan. Surely can't be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Jizique

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Rumour has it that the guy shot in Belfast last night is Barry Mcguigan. Surely can't be true?

Terrible rumour, not close

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

No. It was the findings of a judge. Claims and evidence were presented and those were accepted by the judge as true. That is why they can print certain things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭dobman88

Felt like this was more of an investigation into boxing and Tyson Fury than Kinahan tbh. Pretty much nothing on the show that Irish people wouldnt already be aware of.

Boxing is massively corrupt. And in more breaking news, water is wet.

Advertisement