If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rega DAC

Options
  • 01-02-2021 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys, I got a Rega Apollo Cd player last year from you guys and love the sound of it. Almost a vinyl sound if that does not sound stupid. I was reading that sound could be improved even more by adding the Rega DAC -R with the bonus of adding a streamer transport in future. Is the DAC -R still available as they seem to be discontinued on the Rega website? Many thanks, Jim. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Stonyjim wrote: »
    Hi guys, I got a Rega Apollo Cd player last year from you guys and love the sound of it. Almost a vinyl sound if that does not sound stupid. I was reading that sound could be improved even more by adding the Rega DAC -R with the bonus of adding a streamer transport in future. Is the DAC -R still available as they seem to be discontinued on the Rega website? Many thanks, Jim. 
    Hi Stonyjim.

Thanks for coming back to us and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The Rega DAC-R is now discontinued unfortunately.

Perhaps maybe the Audio Lab M-DAC would do as an alternative?
    Priced at 799
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201853-audiolab-m-dac-plus-dac.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Stonyjim

Hi Kenny, that's a pity though you might have one in existing stock on the offchance. I would prefer to match the DAC to the CD player and probably would look at something a bit cheaper than the Audiolab as a standalone DAC if not the Rega that matches the CDP. 

Hi Kenny, that's a pity though you might have one in existing stock on the offchance. I would prefer to match the DAC to the CD player and probably would look at something a bit cheaper than the Audiolab as a standalone DAC if not the Rega that matches the CDP. 
    Hi Stonyjim.

Sorry its been a while form we have had any of the Rega DAC's ourselves.

Is there anything else on our website that has caught your eye?

Hi Stonyjim.

Just looked at the dacs on the site and the only other rack mount one I can see - apart from the Audiolab is the Roksan K3. On the plus side I guess this could be paired with Bluesound Node. But would it be a good match to the Rega CDP I wonder ?

Hi Stonyjim.

Just looked at the dacs on the site and the only other rack mount one I can see - apart from the Audiolab is the Roksan K3. On the plus side I guess this could be paired with Bluesound Node. But would it be a good match to the Rega CDP I wonder ?
    Hi Stonyjim.

The Roksan isn't bad to be honest but it was only given 3 stars when it was released.
    In saying that the deal price on our clearance one at £499 is a nice price.

It could be matched to either the Bluesound or the Rega.

Might something like the Cambridge CXN V2 be of interest.
    Its a network streamers but has it's own built in DAC's. priced at £799
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204390-cambridge-audio-cxn-v2-lunar-grey-network-music-player-streamer.aspx

• Advertisement

Hi Stonyjim.

The Roksan isn't bad to be honest but it was only given 3 stars when it was released.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204390-cambridge-audio-cxn-v2-lunar-grey-network-music-player-streamer.aspx

Hi Kenny,

Maybe a good streamer might be a better investment.
    I think Arcam have a new streamer but have yet to see much info regarding reviews etc. That could be of interest maybe. I thinks it called S60 or something like that ?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Stonyjim.

Hi Kenny,

Maybe a good streamer might be a better investment.
    I think Arcam have a new streamer but have yet to see much info regarding reviews etc. That could be of interest maybe. I thinks it called S60 or something like that ?
    Hi Stonyjim,

The Arcam ST60 is available for £1199 and I do have them in stock. It's not one I've had on demo though so I haven't had a listen to it to get a good opinion however the specs on it do look fantastic and the Arcam Hifi equipment is consistently very good!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-205117-arcam-st60-network-music-player-streamer.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.