Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Nice little dusting in Shankill just now. Just graupel / sleety type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭highdef

Does anyone else agree that this is probably the biggest let down weather wise in years?

If it rains instead of snows on Thursday/Friday, it will be quite disappointing but you can't really call it a let down when today is the first day where we were forecast for anything wintry and even at that, there was not much forecast to fall so definitely can't call it a letdown, never mind the biggest letdown weather wise in years, when A) The weather is panning out pretty much as forecast and B) The wintry weather spell has just begun.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Pretty much. Anglesey. Really need ENE (or NNE) wind for decent showers off Irish Sea for south Dublin.

yeah was thinking that, is it going to turn back ENE at any point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Beginning to cover the cars now in Balrothery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Technophobe

It's not only Thursday and Friday - there is snow potential right through until Monday with various frontal zones coming up against this cold air at different times.

Was going to ask about that as my weather app is showing more snow early next week than this week!
    Obviously taking it with a grain of salt but still interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

TTLF wrote: »
    is South Dublin under a shadow now? :confused:

Winds changed to a more SE direction for a while which puts south dublin out of the path. They've moved back more E/NE now and there's a band moving in that should hit us shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Looks to be very heavy in Balbriggan.. Any confirmation??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Dazler97 wrote: »
    Oh yes please, if only 1947 happened

Oh 1947 happened alright, I saw the pictures :)

ffarrell7 wrote: »

asking my gf now, will get back to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Whats the best radar people recommend using for ease of use please?

I tried signing up for raintoday but it won't let me sign up to premium at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Dazler97

TTLF wrote: »
    is South Dublin under a shadow now? :confused:

Going by the radar I think South Dublin is under a shadow but it could change still early yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

JonnyM wrote: »

I tried signing up for raintoday but it won't let me sign up to premium at the minute.

Netweather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Met Eireann are very good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Will the supermarkets in Dublin be safe? All diggers safely secured etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

The Least from the East (;)) has now left some snow on cars and a tiny bit in grass. Dublin 9.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

EDIT: Heaviest burst of the day here so far. Still tiny ol' grains and graupel here.

ffarrell7 wrote: »

"There was a looottt of snow, some of it stuck but melting now"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/rainfall-radar#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1612769100&zoom=7&lon=-3.94&lat=54.23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Met Eireann are very good

It doesn't show too much into the future unless I'm not looking at it correctly 🀔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Stop and start graupel here, some whiteness in the corners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Ptrk85

First tentative signs of covering here in Meath. Heavy enough shower but a mix of snowflakes and graupel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think i'm under the Wales shadow at this stage and could well be under it for most of the night, all the showers are running just north of Dunshaughlin on the Navan side.

I can't see much in the way of snow south of Navan to Drogheda unless the winds somehow go more ENE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Stop and start graupel here, some whiteness in the corners!

my road has a slight dusting at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Dublin 13 here and it seems to be mostly graupel or sleet so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

It's not only Thursday and Friday - there is snow potential right through until Monday with various frontal zones coming up against this cold air at different times.

Hi Kermit, I’m in Kildare - how is snow shaping up for that county on Thursday? I know the press has been reporting the possibility of significant snowfall end of week but going by some of the posts here tonight, looks like we are heading for another disappointment in the east? Are the models predicting snow or rain for Leinster on Thursday? I’m a wee bit confused with all the conflicting posts on here?

Thanks

D

Bitterly cold and getting absolutely plastered now here in Mayo.

So hard to judge the strength of homemade hot whiskies by a turf fire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Let's see what happens Thursday onwards. Getting the Super Valu delivery tomorrow so can hunker down.

I don't think many care now, since they are locked down anyway. But a bit of snow is great fun for the kids. The trouble is the anticipation of a white out from many mams and dads, and those who should know better. But hey ho. My prediction is rain, wind, snow, defrost and rivers of gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Small snow shower just started in Carloway Town after winds have just picked up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lads and ladies, don't bite my head off but let's say the forecast for several hours of snow on Thursday here in the Midlands were to occur. What kind of level of snow would be a reasonable amount to expect? One of the apps, which I'm aware is not to be taken as gospel, is saying 2-3cm which seems light for possibly 5 hours or more? Just trying to get an idea of what level of disruption may occur. I'm aware things can change..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Bitterly cold and getting absolutely plastered now here in Mayo.

So hard to judge the strength of homemade hot whiskies by a turf fire!

We get it,you dont like snow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement