Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

Snowing away here near Arklow for the past half hour
    Did someone say they wanted pictures:D

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1358881108881010689?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Nothing but snow atm near Santry. Not even graupel.

Yeah I'm about 1 km from the coast here (Clare Hall), so too close at present. I think it's the heat of the city, there is proper snow literally a mile north of me in Balgriffin :-(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Between Navan and Dunshaughlin here and it’s been snowing for the past hour or so. Decent covering now.

I'm extremely jealous, missing out on all the fun by about 1 mile just slightly east of Dunshaughlin. Nothing has fallen in the past 2 hours and the little dusting of hail we had from 6pm is all but melted now on the grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I'm hoping the showers make it too me, going by the met office in the UK I'm to get a few showers not much snow but I'd be happy for a few flurries

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Juppie

Gonzo wrote: »
    I'm extremely jealous, missing out on all the fun by about 1 mile just slightly east of Dunshaughlin. Nothing has fallen in the past 2 hours and the little dusting of hail we had from 6pm is all but melted now on the grass.

Sorry Gonzo. Getting a decent amount in Trim the last few minutes and wind is picking up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Dun Laoghaire, near Baker's Corner. It's full tilt here:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Decent shower of graupel and snow now in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grogu1983

AuntySnow wrote: »
    Snowing away here near Arklow for the past half hour
    Did someone say they wanted pictures:D

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1358881108881010689?s=19

Theres hope for me so fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Some light flakes falling now near Tullaroan Kilkenny. The Wind has eased right off in the last 2-3 hours too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Been some graupel banging off the window on and off here in Celbridge. Not really sticking on the ground, which is just wet. Still a lot of residual warmth left from last week so it'll take a lot of intensity for any real accumulation to develop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Am loving the anticipation from those who should know that it will either be epic, or just graupel melted.

Epic incoming lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Light dusting of ice in Malahide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Getting a bit of graupel coating in D24. Like a snow blower outside the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

According to Netweather Radar I’m being snowed on now here in East Meath, not a dot to be seen. Confused here, is their radar not as accurate as others? I remember it being pretty accurate in 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

ollie103 wrote: »
    Light dusting of ice in Malahide.

like a bottle in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cp19 sleeper

My better half sent me this from Glasgow

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Hopefully more to come...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Few flakes knocking about in Longford at the moment. Flipping cold out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Friend said its snowing heavily in clondalkin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Been some graupel banging off the window on and off here in Celbridge. Not really sticking on the ground, which is just wet. Still a lot of residual warmth left from last week so it'll take a lot of intensity for any real accumulation to develop.

You need to be under a streamer similar to Co Meath atm. What's coming in to Dublin is a bit ad hoc atm.

• Advertisement

At worst it is a two day event.

At best, some JC posters might be silenced, but Tik Tok will help the poor crathurs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

proper flakes here in D14, mixed with Graupel but good moderate flakes, sadly not sticking to the road, only parts of grass, roofs and cars... lovely to watch though and hopefully more overnight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Another small graupel shower in Carlow Town now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

At worst it is a two day event.

At best, some JC posters might be silenced, but Tik Tok will help the poor crathurs out.
    I have no idea what you're trying to say

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cp19 sleeper

My better half sent me this from Glasgow

I have to go to arklow in the morning with 33,000 liters of vegetable oil it can stay in Glasgow for all I care

It all melts away anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Cw85 wrote: »
    Another small graupel shower in Carlow Town now

VARLOW is Notorious when the streamers get going.....haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Those small graupel showers are starting to stick to cars now in cork city, very very light and not even white. Cork airport is reporting 0.5cm or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

It all melts away anyway.

Very true.

• Advertisement

I have no idea what you're trying to say

Your issue maybe lol.

Junior Cert students (JC)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement