Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Pangea wrote: »
    Anyone know where Donegal Co Co get their weather info from?
    -7 tonight in a few spots ???
    https://twitter.com/DonegalMaps/status/1358860674315800578?s=19

Must be Ireland's Weather Channel.. with that exaggeration!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Pangea wrote: »
    Anyone know where Donegal Co Co get their weather info from?
    -7 tonight in a few spots ???
    https://twitter.com/DonegalMaps/status/1358860674315800578?s=19

Unless it's some sheltered spots near mountainous areas, and defo not from the post man

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Indeed. Really surprising the snow made it all the way to the west

This is how confident I was 2 days ago replying to another poster.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116182847&postcount=1110

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

The cold air has barely infiltrated the southern third. 3c in cork and 2c in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Steopo wrote: »
    Ah jaysus I’m all over the place now. I don’t know whether to be reading threads, looking out the window at lampposts, refreshing radar data, getting upset about an Easterly that hasn’t brought snow, wondering whether tomorrow might bring the odd streamer or getting super excited about possible snow event from Thurs. Now GL of all people has suggested the possibility of 24hrs continuous snow later in the week & MT mentions 24-36 hour event in the same post as possible comparison to 1982 set-up. But then that could all go pear shaped by the morning & everyone’s upset with everyone again. I need some sleep!!!

Welcome to the rollercoaster my friend. The best part is: its a free ride! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

Michelle Dillon on Claire Byrne

https://streamable.com/4nq6yx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    The cold air has barely infiltrated the southern third. 3c in cork and 2c in Limerick

Moderating influence of the low pressure and its associated occluded front off the southern coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Its 0 in east kerry. And 1 degree since 4 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

bassy wrote: »
    certainly not from the donegal postman/weather man.

I heard a "funny" story about the donegal postman. He was burning rubbish outside beside his shed. He went inside his house and when he came back outside the wind direction had changed and his shed had caught fire. For someone who claims to predict the weather months in advance he couldn't predict the wind for 5 minutes. Allegedly..whether its true or not I do not have a clue. Funny though.

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    I heard a "funny" story about the donegal postman. He was burning rubbish outside beside his shed. He went inside his house and when he came back outside the wind direction had changed and his shed had caught fire. For someone who claims to predict the weather months in advance he couldn't predict the wind for 5 minutes. Allegedly..whether its true or not I do not have a clue. Funny though.

Very good!

My favourite.. 'if the bees are humming loudly in October, it'll be a hard winter'.

Maybe the bees were just in good oul form!

• Advertisement

Don't care about your musical preferences: Just post sometiing

Here's mine:

Probably- the best music to watch a Snow Flurry create itself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

probaly BS i bet........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Goldfinch8 wrote: »
    A few hardy flakes have made the journey to central Mayo. Snowing very lightly at present. What a pleasant surprise!

AFAIK nothing out here but I am not planning to go out and check just now...My cats are ferociously hungry with the cold and I might not get back.....intact... lol

I will check …. later. Maybe the far mountains will be ghost-dusted. Maybe the turf fields next door will be softened and graced by a white. soft coverlet. Maybe... in Maybe land all this can happen...

Reading the last few pages here I think snowmadness has set in... lol.. But there we are .

It is bitterly shockingly cold. That is MY certainty. SHIVERS!

Don't care about your musical preferences: Just post sometiing

Here's mine:

Probably- the best music to watch a Snow Flurry create itself :D

Reminds me of The Exorcist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Graces7 wrote: »
    AFAIK nothing out here but I am not planning to go out and check just now...My cats are ferociously hungry with the cold and I might not get back.....intact... lol

I will check …. later. Maybe the far mountains will be ghost-dusted. Maybe the turf fields next door will be softened and graced by a white. soft coverlet. Maybe... in Maybe land all this can happen...

Reading the last few pages here I think snowmadness has set in... lol.. But there we are .

It is bitterly shockingly cold. That is MY certainty. SHIVERS!

graces are you near belmullet/ellybay ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

He jizzed himself three times daily in the winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

-1 in Nenagh, according to my weather app.

Arduach wrote: »

Death by Snow? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

Photos from family member show an absolute plastering near coastal Louth.

Drogheda area looks like it's getting a nice bit of snow alright on radar. Should keep going there for a while too. Dundalk looks good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Arduach wrote: »

It would do. It was written for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Brightest echoes on the radar are south of malin head. Not in the warning area but would imagine there is a covering in places there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

It's pretty cold and my radiator isn't working, but snow will be a nice distraction for a few days from the liminal life we have found for ourselves recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Longing

Very odd not to include Cavan in the warnings earlier. Clearly not the right decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Coming down hard In North kildare. With fair wind too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Rougies wrote: »
    Drogheda area looks like it's getting a nice bit of snow alright on radar. Should keep going there for a while too. Dundalk looks good too.

Oh I'm in Dunleer and there's nothing! Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Donegal Ken

North Donegal is the place to be non stop streamers. Looks very heavy also. Pity the Met Éireann webcams are gone from there site only in the last few days too would of had a few from the Malin head cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Brightest echoes on the radar are south of malin head. Not in the warning area but would imagine there is a covering in places there.

Yes reports of snow on the ground in places up there coming in especially across Culduff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭lucalux

Rougies wrote: »
    Michelle Dillon on Claire Byrne

https://streamable.com/4nq6yx

She looks like she's happy about the prospect of snow, like many of us here..

I've never seen her before, but is she always that wiggly?!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Oh I'm in Dunleer and there's nothing! Hmmm

I’m 5 mins outside of dunleer and nothing here either, even though it’s showing snow falling all evening on the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hopefully later tonight and tomorrow we will see streamers with the intensity that is currently in the far north of Donegal, those look like the real deal.

Being grapeling here in Dunshaughlin for several hours now and the 'depth' has barely changed. If this was snow rather than graupel we would have a decent covering by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement