Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Never heard of it. What altitude is that at?

96m/315ft according to Wiki...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Mr Bumble

OK. Straight to the point. Have the prospects of the cold reloading next week gone?

What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Never heard of it. What altitude is that at?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altnaharra
    All you need to know about Altnaharra:D. It often comes up as being one of the places which records the lowest temperatures in Scotland. It shares the all time UK low with Braemar.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fics

Certainly feels colder outside today, bone chilling, how's it looking today for streamers on the east coast?

I know met eireann have updated their warning but will we actually see more than yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Lots of cold temperatures over the snowfields of Scotland. Altnaharra (the -14 °C station) has 10 cm.

https://meteologix.com/ie/observations/4a04f59a55d47ee2f1126f484fd78c00/minimum-temperature/20210209-0600z.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,333 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

So we're condemned to this graupel crap for another 48 hours, if that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bleak, black, bare, bitterly cold out here.

Hoping the shopping gets through on Thursday . The ferry has no issues of course! But roads in the back of beyond are a different matter.

Time will tell! If need be I will make bread anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Snowing here in D15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

OK. Straight to the point. Have the prospects of the cold reloading next week gone?

If only there was a weather forecast section on boards or some kind of state organisation that forecast the weather. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 T2Pauly

Is there much development happening over the Irish Sea at the minute? sky is definitely looking darker the last few minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BullBauld

A decent fall in Roscommon overnight and this morning considering I wasn't expecting anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Why is the -T120 chart locked? Can someone post charts for Thursday and Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

US2 wrote: »
    Why is the -T120 chart locked? Can someone post charts for Thursday and Friday?

Separate thread for this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altnaharra
    All you need to know about Altnaharra:D. It often comes up as being one of the places which records the lowest temperatures in Scotland. It shares the all time UK low with Braemar.

I lived near there for a while “shudders”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

T2Pauly wrote: »
    Is there much development happening over the Irish Sea at the minute? sky is definitely looking darker the last few minutes

Radar looks tame. Looks mostly light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Had a dusting overnight, but the sun has melted it already. Snowing again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Still living nearly exclusively off graupel and grains (D9). Light with occasional moderate bouts. Not enough for a full dusting. Patchy would describe it, if even. Patchy if you get a lot of grass and cars in your line of sight :pac:

I guess the aim is to stay under precip till this evening when maybe things pick up and the ground gets colder...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Light graupel with some some snow lakes thrown in. Looks like that the end of that streamer coming across the midlands.
    5k south of Tuam.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Overcast in Dublin 16 with flurries of very light snow. 1.6c atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Bio Mech wrote: »
    If only there was a weather forecast section on boards or some kind of state organisation that forecast the weather. Oh well.

Oh you mean the forecasts that have been going from one end of the spectrum to the other and models that are all over the place? I was asking directly in here as some in here have a very good grasp of things and have been consistently right throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,661 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Dusting on the roofs but all the ground is wet in Dublin 13. I've definitely seen more from a northwesterly, very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Constant snizzle in the air in D24. Not much activity in the Irish sea that I can see as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cold, easterly wind in Cork City, around 1.4 degrees. Looking at netweather it looks like theres showers north of the city and south of the city, with the City in its own little path of nothing but grey cloud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Very light snow here all morning Tullaroan kilkenny.
    Its just about covered the surfaces

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Wind picking up here quickly and seagulls arriving far in from off shore...some screaming... went out thinking a local kid had an accident nearby...havnt heard the seagulls that vocal in a long awhile.
    So putting on the snow gear and going for a walk...things can change quickly here... one night I walked out no breeze and on my way back a shed roof blew off in front of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Cold, easterly wind in Cork City, around 1.4 degrees. Looking at netweather it looks like theres showers north of the city and south of the city, with the City in its own little path of nothing but grey cloud

the snow shield is working well :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 T2Pauly

From what the more experience posters and weather people can see for example : temps, dew points wind direction, is there much hope of the showers beefing up at all today into tonight ? Absolutely longing for heavy snow and to be buried in it haha TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dial Hard wrote: »
    You don't come here very often, do you?!

No no I don't, I don't think I've ever been on the weather part.....

Was looking up at the Dublin mountain there not too long ago and seems basically dry, lit graupel maybe.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Dusting on the roofs but all the ground is wet in Dublin 13. I've definitely seen more from a northwesterly, very poor.

You're down the road from me but same here, just that dusty stuff. It's mad seeing it blowing literally sideways when the gusts pick up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Started snowing lightly in south mayo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement