Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Passing graupel and grains here in D9. Just not getting anything consistent. Even a few more km inland on radar and things are merging into more persistent precip. That's what you need when it's light/moderate. Every time we start to get some dusting going it stops and melts. I think some dustings will come by in the GDA tonight for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Haven't had much time to keep an eye on here today. So are we back on with potentially disruptive frontal snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The streamers look to be getting going on a more widespread basis. I know they still look light enough on the radar but a few deeper colours are there also.
    Anyone know why this is ??
    1 possible reason is colder uppers are moving in tonight
    We are nudging -10 in 850s whereas we were more -8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Mimon wrote: »
    Haven't had much time to keep an eye on here today. So are we back on with potentially disruptive frontal snow?

If you live in Tipp/Kilkenny/Carlow/Wex/Wicklow it will be disurptive.
    North of that doesn't look as severe YET

Hopefully everyone gets a share of this

Also don't be surprised (or annoyed) to see another twist or two in this tale before it finishes. We have seen how right up until now, every 12 hours is a U-turn to some extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Dazler97

The streamers look to be getting going on a more widespread basis. I know they still look light enough on the radar but a few deeper colours are there also.
    Anyone know why this is ??

If there over the sea its because its holding more moisture I'm guessing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Davaeo09 wrote: »

Also don't be surprised (or annoyed) to see another twist or two in this tale before it finishes. We have seen how right up until now, every 12 hours is a U-turn to some extent.

No thank you; you can have mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

^Thanks (I am at 150m asl Kilkenny so like a child at Christmas waiting for Thursday)

I hope those winds out there are not too harsh on you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

I woke up about four or fine last night and had to check my phone for updates. This is such a good diversion from the boredom and monotony! I love this crisp and cool weather. Fingers crossed for Thurs! I’m a member since 2012. Not a poster but love reading all the posts. Thanks for the entertainment everyone snd for teaching me a lot. Did geography in college .... a long time ago and I’m learning more here ! My sister posted the weather temp on her phone of where she is living in Canada. Wait for it ..... -43!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Davaeo09 wrote: »

Is Waterford included in the areas to get snow ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heavier snow/graupel shower now in Dublin 16. Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Heavy enough grauple in D15 just now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Graces7 wrote: »
    No thank you; you can have mine!

Looks like a fleeting snow event, possibly for literally a few hours.

After all the rain of the past few weeks, a single day (or half day) of snow would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    Heavy enough grauple in D15 just now

Same in Louth! It's hopping

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Heavier snow/graupel shower now in Dublin 16. Nice!

Hope it makes its way to Naas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭lucalux

Snow/Graupel mix falling this past half hour in south Roscommon.

Making an effort to stick too, since the ground has dried up/frozen since early evening.

Ye wouldn't be long getting frostbit...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,601 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Graupel in Dublin city center - heavy shower but its small

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

White out on the streets here in D15,just want one day of real snow for the kids,come on :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Another snow/graupel shower in Dublin 16. 1.0c atm.

If these keep coming the way they have in the last 90 minutes there could be a decent coating by morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Temp plummeted to zero degrees on the dot here earlier, but rising nicely again now. Phew!

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Decent coverage up high in D24!!

Gave up window watching only when we came to bed we seen it.

More graupel hitting off the window .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Minus 15 forecasted tonight for Scotland on the bbc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

All the dry snow we had earlier was blown into edges. Not sure I’m all that keen on dry snow as it doesn’t really stick unless heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Another snow/graupel shower in Dublin 16. 1.0c atm.

If these keep coming the way they have in the last 90 minutes there could be a decent coating by morning.

Met Éireann nowcast to re-include Dublin yellow warning incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Coming down quite heavily in Firhouse Dublin 24!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Temp here falling -0.1c every few minutes. Don’t know if that’s the colder air MT referred to last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

It so random

Out my front window there is nowt, out the back window there is heavy sleet about 50 yards away lashing down.

Shankill D18

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cold.stream

Odd heavyish burst of graupel S. Dublin coast. Unfortunately looks like ill probably be on the margins of that line of ppn heading. Could dump a cm or two before the night is over a few clicks in land

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

White dust covering now with flurries on and off here in N. Donegal (South Inishowen) anyone know if we’re likely to get much from this event? DonegalKen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

To those getting heavy grauple, hope it turns to heavy snow for ye !
    (Not a bit jealous, nope, not me :( )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Seem to be the only one in Dublin not getting any snow grauple atm :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement