Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Still snowing in D18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Grappling with graupel here in Celbridge.

Dad joke

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Irish Sea really sparking to life in the last hour for Dublin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A few decent looking blobs heading in to Dublin Bay/SoCoDu now.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Donegal Ken

Parts of Inishowen could see 3cm to 4cm by morning mainly north Inishowen. Surprised Met Éireann never issued any warnings for Donegal. Its seems to be seen the best snow streamers for a second night running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Ok covering

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ok covering

0ab8e9b2c4beae728cf88b27c4cde82d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Coming down quite heavily in Firhouse Dublin 24!!

Streamers still coming in according to the radar.

Heard some kids out locally really enjoying the snow!
    Lovely to hear them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

Seem to be the only one in Dublin not getting any snow grauple atm :(

Radar looks decent upstream for a few more grauplings for everyone around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Pretty much the only gaps in the radar constantly passing over us :pac::pac:

Maybe better out to sea for us....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

It's because you are getting the snow dance moves all wrong.

tenor.gif

New Moon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Grappl...

Thought you were referring to our Carliw friend! :🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

anyone else getting an absolute pasting in SCD? :confused:

Think we shouda been kept in that warning tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

i would kill for a smidgen of graupel !:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Another snow/graupel shower in Dublin 16. 1.0c atm.

If these keep coming the way they have in the last 90 minutes there could be a decent coating by morning.

Got back up to peak out curtains... ye are not lying, it is definitely still falling and the ground has a tinge of white :D

My 'weather station', also know as I can't locate my gloves, tells me it has been Holy Mother of Some Unknown Deity Level of Baltic all day long ;)

Must see what surprises the morning brings...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

wicklowdub wrote: »
    It so random

Out my front window there is nowt, out the back window there is heavy sleet about 50 yards away lashing down.

Shankill D18

And up the road in Bray absolutely nothing.

Odd shower of sleet and grapaul was as exciting as it got today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Ish66 wrote: »
    i would kill for a smidgen of graupel !:(

Has it come to this? :o

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

0ab8e9b2c4beae728cf88b27c4cde82d.jpg

I do apologise 😔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Forecast out now folks if your interested. Had a decent grap shower 1hr ago, temp plummeted to 0.4C from 2.2C

https://youtu.be/xnwhfi12ci0

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭noplacehere

North Kildare ground covered thinly again. Kiddos will be delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,573 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

GFS 18z verbatim forecasts (reader should assume forecasters will take this into consideration along with other sources) ...

Snow spreads into west Munster early Thursday and by noon has reached about a Galway to Limerick to Youghal line. It continues to spread east and north all afternoon and evening. Amounts by midnight are generally in the 5-10 cm range with local maxima near 15 cm on east side of Wicklow hills (probably around 250m to 500m asl). Dublin shown in a "snow shadow" situation with small accumulations overnight. Around 10-15 cm in Connemara, 5-10 cm widely over Connacht and midlands. The implication is that snow would be sleety or mixed with rain near sea level and close to all affected coasts, but all snow for quite a few hours inland. Would expect 5-10 cm snow depths to be reported in counties from Kilkenny-Carlow north and northwest into Mayo and Roscommon, most of Galway (from this guidance, it's basically a heart says yes, head says no kind of a proposition).

Some further snowfalls in east and north on Friday, as rain begins to intrude more widely across south and west. Not much further accumulating snow, but rain becomes an issue near the south coast with 100-150 mm amounts over four days to Monday or Tuesday. Falling on the snow pack expected on higher terrain in those regions, flooding would be a concern.

(note -- uncertainty is at least moderate if not high in this forecast scenario)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

North Kildare ground covered thinly again. Kiddos will be delighted

Snowing in naas! Off to zzzz. Can’t wait to open up the curtains in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

nahhh like it's COMING DOWN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This is torture. Had (reluctantly) accepted my snowless future and was making peace with it. Heaviest shower yet in D6W. Desperately trying to dampen my hopes but they were last seen somewhere in the upper troposphere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Dublin shown in a "snow shadow" situation with small accumulations overnight.

Banned.

:mad::mad: :D

Always the fear with these things. Usually forgotten by many till it becomes apparent on radar.

TTLF wrote: »
    nahhh like it's COMING DOWN

More snow now than graupel in Dublin 16.

Looking at radar it looks like a proper streamer developing from coast out to mid Irish Sea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Streamers still coming in according to the radar.

Heard some kids out locally really enjoying the snow!
    Lovely to hear them.

I miss firhouse for this reason, send some up to Leitrim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭lolie

Had 4cm on the ground this morning but but it thawed fairly rapid in the roads and concrete as the morning went on. Even though there was no frost underneath i was still a bit suprised how fast it thawed.
    Still plenty of patchy snow on the grass this evening at sunset.
    Temperature dipped below 0c earlier but back up to 1c now with a light flurry now and again.
    Screenshot-20210209-234614.jpg
    Screenshot-20210209-234711.jpg
    IMG-20210209-171304.jpg
    IMG-20210209-170734.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Still going! Firhouse Dublin 24 Thought I heard some thunder but it was a van going over the ramps LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Fine powdery snow coming down in kilnamanagh, D24 at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement