Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

Slight sugar coating here near Arklow
    Everything is frozen on the ground despite the wind still gusting near 40kmh ENE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Big flakes east cork. Sticking and building.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭bazlers

We were quiet unlucky in this cold spell i feel. In another winter we could of had a deep blanket of snow in a large area of the country going by some of the charts that were on view.
    This front would of made little to negligible effects to the cold then. Hope it doesnt end with one big slushfest and it does lye for a period of time.
    Be interesting to see if it does hold together as it crosses the country.
    I think we deserve a good covering of snow at this stage.
    Its winter, how hard can it be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭Speak Now

A surprise cm in Tramore this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Is the snow for upper part of the country on Saturday still on the cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Woke up to a dusting in coastal East Cork. More on the way looking at the radar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Actual snow falling here in Wexford for the first time this morning. Had only been graupel up to now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Small covering of snow on the ground this morning in D13, only 1cm but still nice to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

D9Male wrote: »
    You have asked this question (or a version thereof) repeatedly. Are you not able to read this forum and gain an understanding of the situation? You seem to want answers directed to you specifically.

I said yesterday iv no idea, i leave that to the experts here,
    It would be more foolish to pretend i understand something i don't,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I said yesterday iv no idea, i leave that to the experts here,
    It would be more foolish to pretend i understand something i don't,

From what I can see and my knowledge is limited, but that's no more snow scheduled for North Dublin for the rest of the week.

There'll most likely be a couple of showers here or there, but nothing to write home about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Sky gone very dark in Waterford.. Here's hoping snow inbound ðŸ˜

I can see it coming across towards us... Dont be greedy and take it all !! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Light snow at Waterford airport, temp out of action with last couple of weeks but probably 1c.

Most recent weather reports for Waterford Airport (EIWF/WAT)
    SAIE99 EIWF 100830
    METAR EIWF 100830Z 06007KT 8000 -SN SCT002 BKN008 ///// Q1016 R03/2/////=

SAIE99 EIWF 100800
    METAR EIWF 100800Z 08014KT 050V120 8000 -SN BKN010 ///// Q1015 R03/2/////=

At least its not graupel :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

D9Male wrote: »
    You have asked this question (or a version thereof) repeatedly. Are you not able to read this forum and gain an understanding of the situation? You seem to want answers directed to you specifically.

salty .....

Not everyone is a Meteorologist ! :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I woke up to a light dusting of snow here in Dublin 5 rather than graupel (and there's still a very light flurry), meaning I have had lying snow on all three months this winter, which seems to be very rare these days. it's melting away quite quickly though.

Pangea wrote: »
    Is the snow for upper part of the country on Saturday still on the cards?

Yes according to met Eireanns 5 to 8 forecast on radio one in the northwest

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Woke at 4:30 and it was snowing heavy, awoke to some nice picturesque snow scenes this morning.

South Down 250m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Woke up to a dusting in coastal East Cork. More on the way looking at the radar :)

Dandruff falling on Northside of Cork City :D It's been trying all week, God love it!

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Dublin, Kildare, Wexford, Wicklow, Westmeath, Meath, Cavan, Monaghan and Waterford
    Met Éireann Weather Warning

Scattered hail and snow showers today with some accumulations in places and icy stretches on untreated surfaces.

Valid: 08:00 Wednesday 10/02/2021 to 21:00 Wednesday 10/02/2021

Issued: 08:00 Wednesday 10/02/2021

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Wee bit of snow falling in D15,out there for a walk,bitter cold

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭blackvalley

mcburns07 wrote: »

Hi.
    Do you have link to radar site.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

An enlarging and intensifying streamer currently over North county Dublin is slowly moving south. If this keeps up, many populated places in the greater Dublin area could see a decent fall of wintry stuff in the coming hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Hi.
    Do you have link to radar site.
    Thanks.

Just go to www.met.ie but I'd advise to download the Met Eireann app as you can zoom right into your locality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Proper snow been falling for a while this morning, still nothing showing on radar though.

We've a good 3/4 inches lying now.

Carlow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Balbriggan.
    We just had a heavy frozen rain/graupel shower that didnt melt and has been followed by light snow.
    Roads and paths will be lethal if it continues

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lantern Jaw

Blue skies breaking through in D7.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

highdef wrote: »
    An enlarging and intensifying streamer currently over North county Dublin is slowly moving south. If this keeps up, many populated places in the greater Dublin area could see a decent fall of wintry stuff in the coming hours.

Keeping an eye on that....nice looking. KDF better wake up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Chalkitdown147

Just under the 2cm (crooked measurement!) Clonee/Ongar D15. Enough to make the kids happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The runways at Dublin Airport are just wet this morning. Pity there's nowhere to go. KAC = potassium acetate salt.

SNOWTAM
    A) EIDW
    B) 02100814 C) 10R F) 2/2/2 G) 00/00/00 H) 5/5/5
    B) 02100814 C) 16 F) 2/2/5 G) 00/00/00 H) 2/2/2
    T) RUNWAY 10R AND ASSOCIATED TWYS HAVE BEEN SWEPT AND SPRAYED
    WITH
    KCA. RUNWAY 16 HAS BEEN SWEPT AND HAS NOT BEEN TREATED WITH KAC.
    EXERCISE CAUTION ON ALL TAXIWAYS AND APRON AREAS.)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Just under the 2cm (crooked measurement!) Clonee/Ongar D15. Enough to make the kids happy

That's what it's all about,hopefully get a wee bit more the next day or so for the kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 2L of Urine

highdef wrote: »

Yes pepping up nicely, a few yellows in the mix and as per yesterday they seem to intensify more as they approach the coast. For any IOM shadow doubters out there (yes you) loop the lastest met eireann radar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement