Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ZeroSum76

Twas the day before Snow-mas and all round the town, not a graupel was falling which lead to a frown.

Ashford Co. Wicklow. A pathetic handful of graupel in a few spots.

50928756362_18cb1b8fcf_o.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Blue skies breaking through in D7.

Yes beautiful morning here in D13 too, bright,sunny and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

highdef wrote: »
    An enlarging and intensifying streamer currently over North county Dublin is slowly moving south. If this keeps up, many populated places in the greater Dublin area could see a decent fall of wintry stuff in the coming hours.

I think I'm on the edge of the streamer, there's a very light flurry in Dublin 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I think I'm on the edge of the streamer, there's a very light flurry in Dublin 5.

The streamer is only reaching the swords area now, to your North. You're just getting a general flurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Just about to hit me now, I’m right on the edge of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Yes pepping up nicely, a few yellows in the mix and as per yesterday they seem to intensify more as they approach the coast. For any IOM shadow doubters out there (yes you) loop the lastest met eireann radar.

You'll often see a little intensification at the coast due to frictional convergence (the flow slows down over land so the air coming behind piles up and rises).

Interesting username...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Real snow, not graupel, finally falling in Cork. Lovely to look at

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Flakes still small in Cork City but slightly, not much bigger then they were, just looked at netweather and it looks like a streamer heading our way too. Wonder if it will hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

highdef wrote: »
    The streamer is only reaching the swords area now, to your North. You're just getting a general flurry.

you're right, the sun is trying to poke out now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,705 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

We just had a fantastic 30-40 minute period of snow/graupel that whited everything out.... (the best fall so far this week)

It was looking ominous as the sun was starting to break through, but alas the clouds moved in and the sun was nowhere to be seen!!

Still falling lightly, with more grey clouds on the way in from the Irish Sea.

Rush, NCD. 20m ASL

• Advertisement

Heavy shower now in Cork City, still only the small little flakes though. Not sticking even though its heavy!

Edit: Increase in flake size and now its sticking slightly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Nice big flakes in meath!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Drop in wind speed seems to have made a difference & streamers looking more organised now & dare I mention it the IOM shadow appearing. Still way to light on the coast here for anything proper

We just had a fantastic 30-40 minute period of snow/graupel that whited everything out.... (the best fall so far this week)

It was looking ominous as the sun was starting to break through, but alas the clouds moved in and the sun was nowhere to be seen!!

Still falling lightly, with more grey clouds on the way in from the Irish Sea.

Rush, NCD. 20m ASL

and just as I finished typing this, the huge fluffy flakes have started falling....

Can we all put our Christmas decorations/lights back up for a day or 2??

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Donegal Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

and just as I finished typing this, the huge fluffy flakes have started falling....

Can we all put our Christmas decorations/lights back up for a day or 2??

You're in a great spot now as another round arrives for you.

Heavy shower now in Cork City, still only the small little flakes though. Not sticking even though its heavy!

Edit: Increase in flake size and now its sticking slightly :D

My cars are both fully white now and we have that crucial layer on the trampoline for jumping on! Looks like more to come too from the radar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Sun shining in Galway this morning. I have to say that the weather this week has been lovely. The break from the rain did us all good.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

My cars are both fully white now and we have that crucial layer on the trampoline for jumping on! Looks like more to come too from the radar

You must be in a different part! Nothing is covered in white here yet haha its actually stopped now and the small bit building is totally gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Light snow in Douglas Cork for past hour , sticking a bit , one very excited 7 year old , nice to see it coming down during daylight hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I haven't noticed any snow in Cork City centre.

Just light flakes falling right now but it’s settling on the frozen stuff. Heaviest of the precip say is just to the north of Swords maybe Donabate area slowly edging south.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

NIMAN wrote: »
    Yet more snow in North Donegal overnight, but again no mention of it on forecast. That's 2 nights running we weren't included in the yellow warning.
    At a rough measure, looks like another inch last night.

Forgotten county :p

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Snowbie wrote: »
    Just light flakes falling right now but it’s settling on the frozen stuff. Heaviest of the precip say is just to the north of Swords maybe Donabate area slowly edging south.

Nothing in Donabate, just few flakes, can see darker clouds just North (Rush/Skerries)

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I haven't noticed any snow in Cork City centre.

I'm in Rochestown and it's bucketing down now. Still tiny flakes - but lots of them! Cars white and garden turning white.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Told ye it would snow in Cork!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Told ye it would snow in Cork!!

Side roads really treacherous in Dublin 15...snow/ice

It's starting and stopping with the same frequency it has been for the last 2 days, only this time when it starts, it's proper fluffy snow flakes..

Ruch, NCD.

Subtle hints showing this streamer heading towards Dublin is moving back to the north as winds turn from ENE to east?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The sun is out now in D22.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement