Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowbie wrote: »
    Subtle hints showing this streamer heading towards Dublin is moving back to the north as winds turn from ENE to east?

A feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

DOCARCH wrote: »
    A feck!

Double feck!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

A beautiful morning in Donegal. Cold, dry and crisp. Breeze has dropped a lot so that severe windchill has gone. Reading through this mornings forecasts and yet more u turns. I don't think I can recall a forecasting period of such uncertainty and inaccuracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Streamers here in East Cork really beefing up now, visibility down to around 500m.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R.F.

had a couple of showers now this morning in Gorey Co Wexford. Hopefully a lot more to come tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Told ye it would snow in Cork!!

Snow in Cork city is so, so rare... Enjoy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

ffarrell7 wrote: »

It's really not these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Very light snow where I am in Cork. Not really sticking either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Heaviest of the streamer between Skerries and Rush atm. Balbriggan was under this streamer earlier on and now it may get another pasting from this in the next hour if the radar loop is correct. Pity, so close to here. Only light snow falling atm

Dublin 15 a few minutes ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

a light snow shower in Dublin 5, nice fluffy flakes.

Dublin 15 a few minutes ago

Dublin 15

Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

It's really, really, not. Some day some psychiatrist will get to the bottom of your Cork and Kerry infatuation...

Anyway, unlike you, I wish you well for further snow in Blanchardstown as I wish everyone well for further snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

There is snow in cork city!!!!

Trying to attach another one...

Trying to attach another one...

Sorry, a different one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

It's really, really, not. Some day some psychiatrist will get to the bottom of your Cork and Kerry infatuation...

Anyway, unlike you, I wish you well for further snow in Blanchardstown as I wish everyone well for further snow.

It’s been going in for so long now it looks incurable,

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    There is snow in cork city!!!!

Welcome back long time no see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Snowbie wrote: »
    Heaviest of the streamer between Skerries and Rush atm. Balbriggan was under this streamer earlier on and now it may get another pasting from this in the next hour if the radar loop is correct. Pity, so close to here. Only light snow falling atm

Where are you located?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westcork blue

Snowing since 830 in Ardmore 😠easterly Gale has eased which has helped I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Snowing since 830 in Ardmore 😠easterly Gale has eased which has helped I think.

Much lying snow? There is a lot of precipitation hovering over Carnsore Point this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭bazlers

Its actually quiet sad that we are reduced to taking pictures of white dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

^ Wait for tomorrow us down the south east will have plenty to share :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Marginally less than half a €1 coin of depth here in Celbridge (~10-11 mm).

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

bazlers wrote: »

Let folk have their enjoyment eh no matter how little it is?dont like the pictures? just scroll by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

bazlers wrote: »

It's almost like we are all in denial that this has been a complete disaster from a snow lover's and forecasters' perspective. As much as I love the cold and snow, I have never wished for an early spring as much as I have this morning. The thoughts of people staring out windows tomorrow and Friday, picking out one or two flakes of wet snow falling amongst rain and somehow trying to convince themselves and others that we will get the elusive 10cm is heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

The streamers seem to be just missing out Swords and Donabate but pasting Rush and Skerries .... C'mon streamers .. move south about 10 km :D

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Last night was absolutely epic. I can't upload video's to boards, but the sheer volume that was coming down was amazing. I have the video here on Twitter

https://twitter.com/vxlks/status/1359447259646197761

That's my snow fix fulfilled :D:D

Snow still around now too... although melting :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭Speak Now

It's almost like we are all in denial that this has been a complete disaster from a snow lover's and forecasters' perspective. As much as I love the cold and snow, I have never wished for an early spring as much as I have this morning. The thoughts of people staring out windows tomorrow and Friday, picking out one or two flakes of wet snow falling amongst rain and somehow trying to convince themselves and others that we will get the elusive 10cm is heartbreaking.

Eh Covid is heartbreaking, this is a bit of fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement