Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Pipmae wrote: »
    It's snowing here. Actual snow.:D There is plenty of graupel on the ground to help it stick. It's snowing at least 10 minutes now and it's a steady stream. It doesn't look like stopping for a bit.

I'm in East Meath - 3km inland from the coast.

I'll post photos in a while if there is enough snow to show off.

Bustard :mad: I can see it from here

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looks a like a weak streamer developing to the south of the main streamer (currently running into north Dublin/Meath).

Very light snow flurries on and off in Dublin 16. 1.8c atm.

Same here near Arklow
    Constant on and off but light
    Slight drift ESE in the wind here

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

mcburns07 wrote: »
    It's really not these days!

A frost would be a rare phenomenon down there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Would like that wind to change a little bit to cover us here . Had one shower this morning and it left a dusting but if it was sustained I'd say we could have got a nice covering.

Lovely cold bright day here with snow still on grass from Monday night.

Regarding all the negativity the kids had a great day yesterday, we had a lovely walk at lunchtime and we will again today. It has broken the monotony of the wet damp last few weeks where going for walks wasn't the easiest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

I'm getting the sense that the overnight frontal snow event is not going to happen where I am. For the last few days I've seen the predicted snow / precipitation levels gradually reduce. From what was a once a 24hr event is now down to two hours :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

It will be a nice distraction from life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Everything almost gone in Lucan now. Good heat off the sun also. Paths look very clear so will head out for a run at lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I'm getting the sense that the overnight frontal snow event is not going to happen where I am. For the last few days I've seen the predicted snow / precipitation levels gradually reduce. From what was a once a 24hr event is now down to two hours :rolleyes:

Where are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Heavy swirling snow in Meath/Louth border now.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Snowing just outside Collon village Co Louth, sticking to the nice base which has built up over the past 2 days. About 140m asl here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

DOCARCH wrote: »
    +1

PLUS millions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

No breeze today. Sunny, clear skies. Feels almost Spring like.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Graces7 wrote: »
    PLUS millions!

Big thaw on in Blanchardstown...... Most of the snow gone now.... Sunny and 2.5°

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Only in Ireland. Sun coming out while pelting down with snow

Add 10 degrees to the temperature and I'll be happy.

Amen to that ….feels worse then ever with clear skies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

A lovely spring day in Dublin 13 with sun and blue sky. Snow mostly gone except for sheltered spots and the temperature has gone up. Snow to the north and south of me.

Drumpot wrote: »
    As usual Bettystown gets f.**k all but a few sporadic flakes of empty promises. Could be day after tomorrow level snow up the road and we’d still be just getting rain or miserably dour weather.

I am in a snow famine area ( offshore, west mayo) and I am revelling in the joy of folk here about snow!

Come on now! Share! Enjoy! It helps cope with the unspeakable cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Graces7 wrote: »
    I am in a snow famine area ( offshore, west mayo) and I am revelling in the joy of folk here about snow!

Come on now! Share! Enjoy! It helps cope with the unspeakable cold.

my kids are looking forward to a quarter inch of snow and a day off school work :D

Only in Ireland. Sun coming out while pelting down with snow

Sounds beautiful.. Thank you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Interesting that at sea level in South Co Dublin it is currently snowing, not graupel, but small distinct snowflakes. That's a first for this week...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice flakey snow flurries in Dublin 16. Very light but big flakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

Looks far too bright and sunny out there (Dublin 7) at the moment for more snow but hope springs eternal

Thursday was always THE day for snow and still is?

met ie is hard reading temperature wise :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

I see cloud creeping its was in from the East here. Hopefully we get a few flakes for the lunchtime ramble.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ZeroSum76

My Weather App is now showing cloud tomorrow with no precipitation (for coastal Wicklow), some sleet for a few hours early Friday and then rain. Whilst I would like to take that with a pinch of salt, it's the only thing that has turned out to be accurate looking back at how the past few days panned out and what it was giving in its forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Big temp differences at our airports at the moment. Dublin and Shannon are 3c but still 0c at Knock and Cork. Some impressive windchills and DPs around too

temp_uk.png

pointrosee_uk.png

windchill.php?region=uk

windchill.php?region=uk

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

ZeroSum76 wrote: »
    My Weather App is now showing cloud tomorrow with no precipitation (for coastal Wicklow), some sleet for a few hours early Friday and then rain. Whilst I would like to take that with a pinch of salt, it's the only thing that has turned out to be accurate looking back at how the past few days panned out and what it was giving in its forecast.

The Met Eireann forecast was correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Heavy swirling snow in Meath/Louth border now.

Is this inland ? I live in East Meath right on the Louth/Meath border and theres not even a flake ! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

For some reason the windchill chart doesn't appear above. Trying again...

windchill_uk.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,661 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A lovely spring day in Dublin 13 with sun and blue sky. Snow mostly gone except for sheltered spots and the temperature has gone up. Snow to the north and south of me.

Yeah no complaints here, much rather the sun over a bit of graupel which I barely got a dusting overnight. Can see the shower clouds gazing to my north towards the Balbriggan area. So glad to see the sun shining and not just very briefly either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement