Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Better looking at your lamp post than going by that app

Haha! Thank RedSteve...I have no lamp posts to watch from my window but I’ll set up a few torches ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Never under estimate the power of the the atlantic, only ten days ago it fell as rain when we were expecting snow.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

I think it will be white in a lot of places tomorrow, I don't think there's enough power to move that cold around at the moment.

In layman's terms I think the forecasting has a dose of Schizophrenia at the moment, it's inconsistent so my bet is on a lot precipitation, and even if it's for a few hours it'll keep the kids and snow bunnies here happy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

amen wrote: »
    I did that in 2012. I got the kids (9 and 7) out of bed at 10pm on a Tuesday night. Great craic. Snow was all gone in the morning but the snowman survived !

I nearly went out for a walk at 1am this morning when the snow was at its best here (D6W). Was sorry this morning that I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I nearly went out for a walk at 1am this morning when the snow was at its best here (D6W). Was sorry this morning that I didn't.

Think I went out a separate 3 times last night alone, got plenty of videos and photos and just generally enjoyed the moderate/light snow in the graupel covering until the really big flakes hit. :D

• Advertisement

Better looking at your lamp post than going by that app

Get off that phone and look out the window young fella!!

konman wrote: »
    With a wind warning now for tomorrow as well, i presume there will be some drifting if snow is falling. Thoughts anyone?

Deep drifting with a strong chance of deep puddles later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Deep drifting with a strong chance of deep puddles later on.

I agree with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Light snow fall just starting in Cork city centre.
    Small flakes, .. not sticking ... Yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sleety mix just fell in my part of cork city, very wet when it hit the car. If this is happening now.. hopefully a once off... wonder where these showers are coming from? Directly hitting the city from the SE direction it seems according to netweather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Sleety mix just fell in my part of cork city, very wet when it hit the car. If this is happening now.. hopefully a once off... wonder where these showers are coming from? Directly hitting the city from the SE direction it seems according to netweather

Hopefully a one off mega snowmageddon event.

Bring it on

Stuck my head back outside.. 9.15pm.. nothing happening

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light snow shower here at Dunshaughlin, very light. Looks to be a decent shower heading into Cavan/Monaghan at the moment and more into Dundalk area. Showers will probably die out fairly soon away from the far north-east of Leinster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Gonzo wrote: »
    light snow shower here at Dunshaughlin, very light. Looks to be a decent shower heading into Cavan/Monaghan at the moment and more into Dundalk area. Showers will probably die out fairly soon away from the far north-east of Leinster.

So is it safe to assume Dublin wont get snow tomorrow? Just we drop the kids to the grandparents so dont want them to miss the event if any.

Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

So much pink over Cork, and yet nothing is falling. *Sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Tonight feels like the last night so many of us will be on here for a long time to come. I think once tomorrow's questionable snow 'event' and we are back to the wind and rain, many of us will retreat away and get off the rollercoaster. It's been a wild week with ups and downs.

I usually stay away from here unless there's snow or a big wind due. Probably be next autumn before I return. I was just thinking this evening that I am the same age now as my father and brother were when they both died. Hope to be around for next winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Tonight feels like the last night so many of us will be on here for a long time to come. I think once tomorrow's questionable snow 'event' and we are back to the wind and rain, many of us will retreat away and get off the rollercoaster. It's been a wild week with ups and downs.

I usually stay away from here unless there's snow or a big wind due. Probably be next autumn before I return. I was just thinking this evening that I am the same age now as my father and brother were when they both died. Hope to be around for next winter.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Jasus little snowy, we don't need stuff that deep on here:eek:

Rest well and see you next winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

No offence meant, but this feels like your 10th separate "farewell" post of this thread.

Jasus little snowy, we don't need stuff that deep on here:eek:

Rest well and see you next winter.

Thanks. Sorry didn't mean to be so morbid. Was thinking and typing out loud!

MJohnston wrote: »
    No offence meant, but this feels like your 10th separate "farewell" post of this thread.

You can't beat long goodbyes....😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Ah jasus am I reading this right? For starters winter isn't over until we say it is haha well up till April in this country, that's good that there's no wind or rain storms leave it in the Atlantic lol we want either a northerly or mostly an easterly

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So is it safe to assume Dublin wont get snow tomorrow? Just we drop the kids to the grandparents so dont want them to miss the event if any.

Thks

Nope no snow tomorrow in Dublin.

For some reason the chart I’m looking at is showing a good bit of snow in Dublin for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

You might see a flake or two Friday night in to Saturday. Enjoyed your cutting edge commentary this week. Take it easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Heavy rain shower in south Cork city right now with just a hint of sleet to it. Does not bode well for our chances tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Thks

Sketchy behaviour these days. Multiple guidelines pissed all over there. Go you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Your last sentence is a bit worrying, maybe go talk to a family member or friend. Why would you not be around next winter? Stay well!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

KingJeremy wrote: »
    No snow forecast on the met app for my location tomorrow - but 12 hours of sleet from 3pm to 3am. Does sleet ever accumulate to anything? Or can I just expect a wet slushy mess on Friday morning?

That met app is more or less useless. As are all those app. Not to followed or trusted.

Mimon wrote: »
    Your last sentence is a bit worrying, maybe go talk to a family member or friend. Why would you not be around next winter? Stay well!

Sorry, my post came across as a bit odd. I meant to add that both my father and brother died from heart attacks. I was being reflective. All sound here otherwise, sure I'm as daft as a brush! But thank you for your kindness. Right, tea and a slice of cake beckons.

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    You might see a flake or two Friday night in to Saturday. Enjoyed your cutting edge commentary this week. Take it easy.

No bother, take it easy. Chat you next winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

@LSOM - Sounds like a very good idea - enjoy!! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement