Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

I’m still thinking that this will surpass 1982. Still keeping the flame alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Sorry, my post came across as a bit odd. I meant to add that both my father and brother died from heart attacks. I was being reflective. All sound here otherwise, sure I'm as daft as a brush! But thank you for your kindness. Right, tea and a slice of cake beckons.

Keep some cake for tomorrow/Friday, may get a surprise and can have another cup looking out at a decent covering :)

No bother, take it easy. Chat you next winter.

You better be here next winter! I hear Kermit is preparing to kick off a thread for it any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Well I just looked at the 10 day trend on the met office and it looks like the milder air will win out some what, baring in mind at the same time there's still a massive blocking high over northern Europe and that will stay for the next week or so,

Below is a temperature map of Thursday morning over the UK. Coldest in 10 years for Scotland and northern parts of England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well its set up perfectly, the ground is bone dry and any snow that does fall will definitely settle

fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

On what basis??

fryup wrote: »
    well its set up perfectly, the ground is bone dry and any snow that does fall will definitely settle

fingers crossed
    On what basis??

March 1982. The big rain.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Have a read what Evelyn has to say and where it may not snow tomorrow.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0210/1196315-snow-forecast-by-friday-for-most-counties/

Expectation management!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭mcburns07

DOCARCH wrote: »

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0210/1196315-snow-forecast-by-friday-for-most-counties/

Expectation management!

Precipitation forecast for most places essentially :pac:

The last thing we needed was another washout of a weekend, flooding is a real concern for parts of Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The beeb is showing rain now on the coast also.
    I think places like Kerry, Cork and Waterford could be just sleet rain. Better chances inland. Sweet spot Thurles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Expectation management!

Considering its already heavy sleet showers down here in Cork, I feel the snow line may be further North then the models predict. Unless the new system suddenly changes mostly to snow again, but I wasn't expecting sleet tonight!

Expect nothing, and be surprised when you see what arrives is what I say! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I think places like Kerry, Cork and Waterford could be just sleet rain. Better chances inland. Sweet spot Thurles

Would be in keeping with what usually happens in these situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The radar is showing showers reaching as far as Bundoran at the moment from the East coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Yes indeed certainly a bad sign that it can't snow tonight in Cork. I mean the uppers are colder now than tomorrow.
    Still think we will see falling snow but will it stick....

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

North cork will def see snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

No bother, take it easy. Chat you next winter.

See you tomorrow then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

The latest Harmonie run has Wicklow stealing most if not all of Dublin's snow, and then just sitting there like a big smug mountainy bollocks.

harmonieeur40-56-48-0_ggp4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I am not even thinking about how much snow will fall here on the high ground in north Kilkenny, its a given and could be decent.
    We had a a couple of decent snow events already this winter, New Year's eve was the best so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Donegal Ken

BBC Northern Ireland going for a significant fall of snow on Saturday morning

https://twitter.com/newslineweather/status/1359616129161957384

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Tiny flakes of snow - not graupel - beginning in Firhouse Dublin 24.

Probably nothing in it but not what I was expecting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Tiny flakes of snow - not graupel - beginning in Firhouse Dublin 24.

Probably nothing in it but not what I was expecting!

SE flow with -10 850s, wouldnt rule out the odd surprise dusting in eastern east/southeast counties tonight

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Some light snow now in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

What are the chances of disruption to national roads on the East coast tomorrow? Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

Can confirm also D.16 light snow. In this ESE flow we could be helped by a bit of orographic lift and convergance from the Dublin mountains, although radar returns are very light right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Big swathe of precipitation across N Kerry, W Limerick and E Cork... anyone there to tell us if theres much snow?

Cianos wrote: »
    What are the chances of disruption to national roads on the East coast tomorrow? Thank you

North or south if Dublin?

If north....0 chance of disruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

North or south if Dublin?

If north....0 chance of disruption.

South of Dublin towards Wexford

Cianos wrote: »
    South of Dublin towards Wexford

Some chance, maybe later in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Sorry, my post came across as a bit odd. I meant to add that both my father and brother died from heart attacks. I was being reflective. All sound here otherwise, sure I'm as daft as a brush! But thank you for your kindness. Right, tea and a slice of cake beckons.

If your family have had early heart attacks, please make sure you have your cholesterol checked and an echocardiogram done on your heart. That'll save a lot of problems.

• Advertisement

SE flow with -10 850s, wouldnt rule out the odd surprise dusting in eastern east/southeast counties tonight

Few flakes down here earlier when I was outside, not enough for the radar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement