Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Rain in Cork
    It's a bust!!

Dark,wet and windy in Cork city, making WFH even worse, I was hoping to be looking out at snow today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

That Cork snow shield is impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Rain in Cork
    It's a bust!!

Red Alert.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Rain in Cork
    It's a bust!!

Rain was always forecast for Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Villain wrote: »
    That Cork snow shield is impressive!

M.E. upgraded it last week instead of Shannon radar..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rain in Cork
    It's a bust!!

Could see it happening - from some of the charts yesterday you could see rain over the city - might not be that way further north though

Cloudy in Arklow
    1c
    Dp is -4.9c
    Wet bulb is -1.6c
    Wind gusting to 40kmh ESE
    Wind chill -4 4c
    Brrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Wasn’t it always meant to be rain and sleet in cork / Kerry and turn to snow as it tracked northeastwards? That was what I read from forecasts, I think they always said the south would be milder than the north and east unless I am mistaken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Imminent arrival in West Clare, temperature +1.6°c, humidity 79% and wet bulb -0.2°c.

Marginal, I wonder what will fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭bazlers

Looking for red warnings yesterday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Early days lads. Hold firm.

That wind is biting though, chill factor is - 6. Cut the face off you as we say. I remain concerned not that it won't turn to snow, but how far north and east it will extend, and will it hold together?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Bits if snow now here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭914

Interested to see what will fall in Waterford, yr.no giving sleet and bbc giving snow. Both had been giving it from this afternoon but both now showing from 9am onwards

Waterford City weather has temp here at 2.5 and dew point 0.6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Wasn’t it always meant to be rain and sleet in cork / Kerry and turn to snow as it tracked northeastwards? That was what I read from forecasts, I think they always said the south would be milder than the north and east unless I am mistaken?

Just said on forecast on Rte radio there that rain turning to sleet and snow will move up over minster this morning....so maybe there’s still hope?! :-P

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Imminent arrival in West Clare, temperature +1.6°c, humidity 79% and wet bulb -0.2°c.

Marginal, I wonder what will fall.

It's beginning, and it's snowfall. Nice flakes but still quite light, blowing around in the wind.

Snow is visible on the road traffic camera on the N22 cork killarney Road at Ballyvourney near Macroom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

leahyl wrote: »
    Just said on forecast on Rte radio there that rain turning to sleet and snow will move up over minster this morning....so maybe there’s still hope?! :-P

My weather app in cork says sleety snow starting at 11 ish. Rain until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Just saving this here out of curiosity and many people have questioned its accuracy, lets see how it does this close to the arrival of precipitation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

leahyl wrote: »

Just woke there. Few flakes starting to blow now in Rathmore. Very light though so hopefully bodes well when heavier stuff comes in. east kerry 150 asl

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Both Cork AP and Kerry AP reporting sleet at 0800.

2c DP 0C at Cork AP and 2c DP 1c at Kerry AP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I can’t stand the rain snow mix, the worst type
    froog wrote: »
    My weather app in cork says sleety snow starting at 11 ish. Rain until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Harmonie looks to be bang on with the timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

It's a nice fresh morning in D22.. Breezy and grey bit warmer than it has been of late.... I genuinely don't know what to expect today

Ground has dried up remarkably in the past few days. All those puddles on the roadside gone, garden no longer squelch, quite firm underfoot. That east wind has literally sucked the moisture from the environment, at least in well drained areas. Good foundation for snow to lie.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

mumo3 wrote: »
    It's a nice fresh morning in D22.. Breezy and grey bit warmer than it has been of late.... I genuinely don't know what to expect today

Expect nothing and then you will not be disappointed! :) That's the way I roll these days!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It's beginning, and it's snowfall. Nice flakes but still quite light, blowing around in the wind.

Quite dry fluffy snow and beginning to stick in most or all areas, quite a patchy cover noticeable on roofs already. Extremely windy so it's been blown every which way.

If nothing else, this at the minimum has satisfied me for the Winter, I wanted just dry fluffy snow which would stick for even a small amount of time.

West Clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Light dry snow starting here now.
    (Cork/Limerick border 140m asl)

• Advertisement

I'm aware proof is imperative, so here it is.

Some melt noticeable in the foreground, that's residual heat from the house.

542960.jpg

Becoming more and more noticeable by the minute, roads, paths, grass, it's quite indiscriminate. Intensifying and sticking better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement