Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

If snow was not forecast, how do you class it as a bust? Did you read any forecasts, or just hope for snow?

Plenty models, Harmoine and and the BBC graphics showed snow from the very south coast northwards. That said many more predicted exactly what is happening which is what I suspected would happen too from experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Clondalkin Dublin - breezy this morning with some tine snow grains blowing in the wind. Hopefully staying the right side of marginal and then we need to hope some intensity in the precipitation makes it this far... guessing we will know more in the early afternoon for these parts.

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Went for my walk this morning at 730 in the snow. Cut it short though.

North kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

If snow was not forecast, how do you class it as a bust? Did you read any forecasts, or just hope for snow?

There was snow forecast. Was it you that didn’t read the forecasts?

Anyway, pissing rain in cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

North Cork, light snow - lashing rain in the city

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    Probably the nicest day of the year so far here in North Kildare. Cold, Crisp and dry

Lovely morning here in North Dublin too, well except for the wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Why does it get so far and then pull back suddenly on the Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

A few flakes blowing around in the wind intermittently in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

Limerick city after about 30mins of snow

Light snow here in Ennis last 20 minutes, now intensifying and sticking to dry pavement and lawn. Temperature reading outside of 2C, evidently the dew point is just below critical threshold. Hopefully we luck out on right side of marginal until midday and get a carpet proper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

poconnor16 wrote: »

Not sticking in our part of N Cork ��

poconnor16 wrote: »

It's actually wet snow at this stage in Cork city suburbs (80m asl) but ground saturated so little chance to stick. The initial driving rain screwed us down here.

In fact, having just put my hand out the window, the wind just isn't that cold relatively speaking.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Kilrush, West Clare

542972.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Propper snowing here in Limerick suburbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some small flakes in the wind in Kildare now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Am I wrong in thinking over the next 48 hours or so, Dublin may get some lying snow according to the models and forecasts? Seems we will have the right conditions in terms of temps but not sure of precipitation levels and then the next system moving in from the west after today is said to fall as sleet/snow on eastern and Northern counties. Come Sat morning, could we potentially have lying snow on the east side of the country before the weekend washout? I am hoping so unless you can't tell! Anything to break the norm

Clondalkin in Dublin

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Kilrush, West Clare

542972.jpg

"Please do not drive on the snow"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Heading west from Ennis for work and it's fairly hammering down. Roads are sketchy already. Good cover on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I just saw a flake of snizzle falling here in Dublin 5 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭mikep

Very fine snow falling in Thurles now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

"Please do not drive on the snow"

Always get that one fe*ker!

Some marginally noticeable, a tad warmer nothing would stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Consistently gusting up to 35knots here in Waterford, real feel very cold despite the mercury reading!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

jackrussel wrote: »
    There was snow forecast. Was it you that didn’t read the forecasts?

Anyway, pissing rain in cork city.

So Cork City, on the south coast, was always going to struggle to get snow, from anything I read anyway , turning to snow the further north it travelled.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Kilrush, West Clare

That's pretty impressive by the sea. I suppose an east wind makes what is to your west irrelevant. Enjoy, we are suitably jealous but good to see Limerick and Clare getting in on the act. Tipp and some of Waterford should hold up Munsters end too.

So Cork City, on the south coast, was always going to struggle to get snow, from anything I read anyway , turning to snow the further north it travelled.

Yes, but several models suggested it would get snow as did several forecasters so I think your original comment to the guy was a tad harsh and black & white (albeit his comment was black & white too). Anyway, looking good for your location so enjoy....

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Cork City never fails to dissapoint...... No longer the 'Real Capital' but the 'Rain Capital' 😢😢

• Advertisement

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I just saw a flake of snizzle falling here in Dublin 5 :P

A tiny bit of snozzle here too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement